S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Garage Sale PT.II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 04:12 PM

1992 300SE (w140) / 1997 E420 (w210)
Exclamation Garage Sale PT.II

Since the first one seemed to generate so much attention, and I thank all those who viewed (and purchased!) the items that I had available, it is now time to clear out the audio section of what I had originally purchased for this vehicle.

Now don't get me wrong, the original bose system in this car is simply amazing, at least in the earlier model W140's that had the 11-speaker set up. Not so sure if the 95+ models had them, but regardless once the amp goes, or a speaker blows, we all know the trouble it takes to replace/repair them.

What I have is a complete system that will replace 10 out of the 11 speakers (centre channel above review mirror is left out). So without further delay...

I have available the following components from the Hertz Car Audio line.

HSK-163 3-Way Component Speakers (rated 200 watt on box 300 watt on website)
- this system is composed of a 6.5" woofer / 3" midrange / 1" tweeter that would all fit as the factory speakers would for your front door/dashboard soundstage

HV-100 2-Way Coaxial Woofer (rated 100 watt)
- this speaker would fit in the factory location in the rear passenger doors

Finally, the most special piece of the system (in my opinion!) to replace the subs in the rear posed a challenge due to the size, however check these out...

ES-165 8" Subwoofer (rated 300 watt)
- These would fit similar to quad-sub set up located in the rear deck of the W140. Now most subs would require a huge box built and take up a large chunk of trunk space, while these could actually be placed in the same factory location, and any reputable car audio shop would be able to build a box that would be an extension of the current sub set up. I actually have pics of this completed and will post once I find them.

Now I know many people may not have heard of the company Hertz, but trust me they are EXTREMELY reputable. If I am not mistaken, their parent company is Elettromedia , which actually is an Italian company that manufacturers Audison Amplifiers, which are actually some of the highest grade quality in the world. That being said, you know you are getting quality in their speakers! Don’t take my word for it though, check out their website: www.hertzaudiovideo.com

Now for the pricing. I am asking for $850 (obo) for the entire system that I have posted. I am willing to break certain pieces up, just contact me by PM. Everything is brand new, sealed in box. This may seem quite steep, but trust me, you will definitely be getting your money’s worth. If you have any questions, would like to negotiate, or need more pics (then what’s posted) please feel free to email me.

As well, I have an antenna available, that I am willing to part for $20. No pics right now for that, but can provide if necessary! Just thought to throw that in for good measure!

Thanks for viewing!