S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BIG UPDATE: Headers arrived...

Well they finally arrived, and I have to say i'm actually VERY VERY impressed with the quality of these stock headers. the inside runners are very smooth and seem to flow very well compared to the cast design. I may try and port them slightly, but honestly I feel that may honestly just be overkill. there are a few minor areas i can improve on but overall compared to stock BMW headers, these are far better.

The exact weights are:

Front header: 6.6lbs
Rear header: 6.4
Total: 13.0 exactly.

and of course... here are the pics , enjoy... more updates coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1040.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1045.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1046.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1048.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1053.jpg  

Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W140 W126 W220
you have an awesome car omeyhomey.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thx . More updates coming soon. Gonna change my 02 sensor soonand also try and convert my intake to 3.5" diameter if possible with the Gen4 setup. After doing the math i realized i can get an extra 20-30% flow out of each of the exhaust manifold runners by porting them out, however flow wise they are actually VERY good and should be far superior to the cast iron manifold design i currently have (as well as being much lighter as well, about half the weight). I will be getting the Accel 24lb injectors as well very soon. once I do that I will post the results. Thanks again guys. ttyl
Old 01-24-2006, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, I am possibly contemplating selling my Gen 4 exhaust to any S320/300SE guys out there, is anyone interested? I will basically sell the entire exhaust from the cat flange back as a complete bolt-on exhaust item. If any one is interested lemme know. As far as power goes you can't get any more power than this. I will sell the exhaust for $350 or best offer (MUCH less then i paid for it). I will be giving the car back to my dad so i will be going much more conservative route. if anyone is interested let me know. I can provide sound clips if anyone is seriously interested. Thanks and have a nice day

Last edited by Bernanke; 01-24-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Injector update:

hey guys, I just bought the Accel 24lb injectors from summit racing for only $195 for the set of 6. they should help out my cars performance quite a bit, I will install them in about a week and keep yall updated.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, The injectors just came in today (i got a 8pack from jegs for $250). I also got the royal purple oil in as well. The oil, thermostat, headers, O2 sensor and fan delete will be performed next friday.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Header Update

Hey guys, well heres a sneek peak of what im doing to the headers, I already cleaned up the headers today. The scary part is the only cleaner used to get the headers from dirty and rust to what u see in the pics below... is COCA-COLA... yup. Kinda makes you never want to drink soda again ever.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1088.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1090.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1089.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1091.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1087.jpg  

Old 02-10-2006, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Overhaul + Headers + lower thermostat + royal purple oil. installed update:

Hey guys, big update this time. I FINALLY got a chance to take the car to the shop. First we put in the new spark plugs & then the lower thermostat. After we finished that we put in the new oil filter and 7 quarts of Royal purples 5w-30 motor oil. Once we finished that we tackled the huge header install. It was actually harder than I anticipated but after we painted it all it turned out pretty damn nice. We also had to modify the EGR stock piping but we got everything to fit so all is well.

The car runs MUCH smoother now. The old spark plugs must have been almost 2 years old because they were all white (means lean condition) and the gaps were way off and they were totally caked. The royal purple also helps the motor run smoother as well. I will have not pushed it real hard (letting the header coating cure slowly). The headers did smoke alittle at first but thats normal in the curing process. Technically u are supposed to waith 24 hours until exposing to heat instead of about 5-6 hours but i was in a rush and i couldn't leave my car over night. The thermostat works just as it should, the temps before were 87-90 range, now the need is rock steady at 80-81. The oil pressure also has improved a bit though it is still lower than heavier weight oilds. at idle it stays around the 2 range where as before it was in the 1.5 range.

In addition, the stock headers weigh in at 21lbs and the new headers weigh in at 13 lbs so thats an 8lb loss from just headers alone, not to mention about another 1-2lbs for the stock cast iron EGR valve as well the stock head sheild that bolt on the cast manifold and etc. The grand total is roughly a 10lb decrease in weight off the front of the car. Definitely not bad in my book.

Once I get a chance tomorrow i will take pictures and hopefully push it to the limits to see how it performs. It won't perform its max until i fix the dead O2 sensor, its still running in limp mode now but considering its running in limp mode the car is running awesome, very smooth, very nice. im happy with the results. I will keep yall updated.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I drove the car today and pushed it pretty hard. It definitely feels much smoother and the responce is much better. It is still running in limp mode but at least its running much better. The O2 sensor should be here this week hopefully. The performance at max throttle is much better but I think the injectors will really help out alot b/c i have a feeling the stock software is reaching its threshold. I will have pictures and sound clips up soon of the exhaust system.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Header pictures:

hey guys, finally took pics of the headers, they look pretty good. The black headers look alot more stealthy than the plain headers and it should protect the headers for years to come. The run marks are b/c i painted the paint on and hung them to dry but it doesn't really bother me. if you want you can use spray paint for a more even finish but to me the paint has much better bonding properties and its also a thicker coating, spray paint is very thin. Anyways, here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1106.jpg  
Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 PM

c43
looks really good, I like....
Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exhaust sound clips !!

Hey guys, finally got the exhaust sound clips. the majority of them are pretty good quality, the bass is not as loud as in real life so crank up the bass and it will give u a good idea of what it sounds like in real life but you get the idea.

Heres the sound files

www.europerformance.net/Gen4Exhaust.rar
Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i can provide it in zip form too if necessary
Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update: maintenance work done...

Hey guys, FINALLY changed the O2 sensor and the car feels 100% again. WOW, the car pulls unlike anything before. I should be doing injectors very soon. I cannot wait to get a dyno soon. the car is running REAL strong and shifts like a maniac. I will also be doing one more mod to the benz exhaust. once I do that I will post everything. ttyl
Old 03-01-2006, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

I just bought 4 bottles of "Seafoam" injector / carbon cleaner tonight (two for the benz, two for the E30). I put one bottle in the S320 gas tank (which has been plagued with problems for a long time). The full bottle of Sea Foam with about 1/2-3/4 gas in the tank did WONDERS!! The car literally feels like a brand new car and pulls like a monster (used to ping and knock like no other). It must have cleaned the entire fuel system and gotten ALL the gunk out of the system. I've used tons of injector cleaners but none have done anything really. This IMMEDIATELY did wonders and now the car does not knock at all and i swear it release some serious HP out of the dirty fuel system. Two tankfuls it should be all that is necessary to get rid of carbon.

Anyways I definitely give it a 10/10 rating. For $5 you cannot go wrong.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTech.htm
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 AM

Your car should do 60 in .7 seconds now because you've done 1100 mods and all of them add ~2700 horsepower.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Header Update

Hey guys, well heres a sneek peak of what im doing to the headers, I already cleaned up the headers today. The scary part is the only cleaner used to get the headers from dirty and rust to what u see in the pics below... is COCA-COLA... yup. Kinda makes you never want to drink soda again ever.
Coke?
I've heard it works on cleaning up chrome but not on rust. Pretty cool
Old 03-19-2006, 09:22 PM

c43
well there are pictures so I don't see how you can debate that it does not work.... and I think with 2700 he should be going to the moon, I am trying to get him to get rocket boosters in there, so we can party on the moon...
Old 03-20-2006, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, lot of new mods came in this week so lotta updates coming soon. I will keep yall posted. My goal is to have a dyno by the end march hopefully. ttyl

P.S. ya the coca-cola formula works (most other sodas don't) b/c of the concentration of the phosphoric acid they use, thats why it woulds wel on oxidation / rust on most metals and yes chrome too.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gen5 exhaust arrived: 22" magnaflow resonators ....

hey guys, my new resonator finally came in, its a 22" long design with 4" case diameter and 2.5" piping inlet/outlet. This is the longest and quietest and most free flowing resonator money can buy so hopefully this should do the job. It measures out almost exhaust the same as the two inline resonators it replaces. Here are a few pictures of the resonator... more updates coming soon
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1126.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1127.jpg  
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gen4 intake update: silicone elbow has arrived...

Today my silicone elbow also arrived for my final intake design. This silicone elbow does a few things. First, it eliminates ANY metal in the entire intake system up to the throttle body, which will reduce any heat soaked into the intake tract. 2nd, it will allow me to position the intake in a better position by dropping it down a few inches and further back towards the throttle body thereby creating more hood clearance (which here were some minor isues). lastly, it eliminates the need for alot of extra parts and instead of having a metal elbow with two silicone adapters and 4 O-clamps, all u have is one silicone elbow, and two O-clamps (which is good b/c the silicone adapters were beginning to fatigue on the old setup b/c of the improper angle and the weak style silicone used). this 4-ply silicone is MUCH stronger yet still flexible enough for easy of installation. anyways here are the pics .... more updates coming very soon.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1128.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1129.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1130.jpg  
Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gen4 intake intalled, intake system FINALLY completed! ...

well guys, big milestone today... the intake system is finally complete. The silicone elbow went on today.

Installation: the installation was a bit of a pain. The greatest strength of the silicone elbow was also its greatest weakness: the fact that it was a high quality 4-ply silicone hose. The hose still has alot of flexibility but if you want to expand the diameter EVEN just a little bit, its NOT easy b/c u have to fight 4 layers of reinforcement (however 4-ply is necessary to add support to the intake system once installed). It took a bit of manipulation but the elbow finaly went on the Throttle body inlet (which is a tiny bit over 3.0", more like 3.1-3.2). once that was done I then put on the o-clamps and then the HFM (same story, took a bit of work but a flat head screwdriver really helps). then i positioned the elbow and etc so it light up perfectly to the opening in the front grille (at a bit of an angle from rest of the engine). then i lined up the rest of the intake, the intake is significantly lower so things that weren't in the way before were but i just angled the intake alittle and everything turned out better than before and the angle was much better.

Performance: The first thing i noticed was how smooth the power band now was. there was no gigantic difference in power but it comes on much smoother and sooner too. The main reason is now the HFM is in the perfect position in comparison to the rest of the intake where as the before the HFM was ****ed at an angle b/c of the curvature of the metal pipe. with the engine cold there wasn't much difference but once the engine got warm the engine seemed alot more responsive than before (probably due to the fact that the silicone prevents heat from getting in unlike the metal aluminum pipe. The top end feels alot smoother but now that even more cold air is getting in the top end is really starting to lean out and once the engine ECU even started to pull serious timing on the top end (those injectors need to go in ASAP). Over all im very happy with the intake and im finally done with the intake. I will have to finish off the exhuast system (mid pipe) that should be a really interesting project.

and so the modding frenzy continues .... anyways here are the pics ...
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1131.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1134.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1132.jpg  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update: Interior LED lighting conversion...

hey guys, well heres an old trick i did on my E36 bmw. I converted all of the interior lighting bulbs to LED based bulbs instead of the normal filament style bulbs. What this does is ...
  • Reduce electricity used by almost 95%
  • Reduce strain on the electrical system
  • it emits ZERO heat unlike conventional bulbs
  • it will last 10 times longer than any conventional bulbs
  • it emits a much higher quality vibrant true white light

The only downside is it is slightly pricy but when u take into account that the bulbs will last a lifetime then it is actually a bargain b/c u will never have to replace another bulb again.

Anyways here are the pictures (i left some of the stock bulbs in place to show a comparison of before and after. (sorry for the blurry pics, the camera isn't the best in the dark.)
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1135.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1137.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1139.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1141.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1143.jpg  

Last edited by Bernanke; 03-22-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 AM

95' S320
I read that you changed the S320 to S32 as a joke, but buy chance, I was looking for springs for my S320 and noticed this

B-G Suspension - Sport Springs
Style: Red
Size: 1.25/1.25
Fits: 91-94 Mercedes Benz 300SE/L/S280/S32 (W140)
^
S32? .................................................. ...^

What do you think it is?

anyway, I thought i share it...

lesko

Last edited by lesko; 03-29-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:56 AM

c43
lol a real s32... lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!