S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a German Tank
Omey your car is stunning as well as tastefully modded...excellent job! have you ever considered painting the lower bottom (I notice your more into inner modding) of your car to mach the top?

are you planning to mod the outside at all? other than wheels, emblem and grille?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Omey your car is stunning as well as tastefully modded...excellent job! have you ever considered painting the lower bottom (I notice your more into inner modding) of your car to mach the top?

are you planning to mod the outside at all? other than wheels, emblem and grille?

I want to do the front AMG bumper but i cannot seem to find one. I may color match but honestly i kinda like the old school two tone. dunno honestly as far as exterior goes, its pretty much exactly what i want it to look like. I am trying to finish a few more mods, injectors + high flow midpipes + 22" magnaflow resonator are coming up, those will be key. Once those are all installed the serious power will be had. Still trying to beat my goal of 276 - 282 HP (276 is C36 crank number and 282 is 400se/S420 V8 numbers).
Old 03-29-2006, 03:55 PM

c43
some updated tail lights would look really good, so would those 210 style blinking folding mirrors...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 PM

95' S320
OmeyHomey,
for the life of me , I can not locate Intrax progressive rate springs that will fit my 95' S320 with self/lev rear. Can you tell me were you got yours? or should I just go with h&r since that is the one that I see alot that is aval. for my car...

lesko
Old 03-30-2006, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i dont have the self leveling so for me it was easier, try Eibach.. see if eibach has the springs for your car.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:34 AM

95' S320
Thanks,
One more question,
Since I really can't find anything other than H&R. I was thinking of just getting what I want and only putting them on the front? bad idea? I want to get rid of the wheel well space but I don't want the tires to rub on hard cornering. smaller spring pads? but it might rub...

thanks,
lesko
Old 03-31-2006, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that is a bad idea, u need both to match.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update:

I finally got the car back from the shop today. new injectors are in. The intall process was kinda a nightmare b/c the stock factory lines use were so brittle that the front on broke on while trying to remove the fuel rail. The injectors are NOT a "bolt-on" modification on the 300SE/S320 and they require modification to make them work. After i modified the injectors and found a replacement rubber fuel line (for $16 instead of the OEM replacement for $208). I finally drove the car. I have not had a chance to really get a feel for the injectors yet but I will post my impressions once i get a chance to really drive the car and let the ECU adapt.

I also replaced the factory grey center wheel caps with the updated blue/silver "mercedes benz" wheel caps and it looks MUCH better.

In addition i finally finished the LED lighting upgrade. I did the liscence plate lights, the rest of the map lights and also the new twin high flux LED for the front dome lights. Pictures are coming soon....
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE: LED lighting conversion complete, PICS!

Well guys, here are the pics. The two licence plate LEDs turned out great (39mm,9LED. You HAVE to use 39mm, cannot use 44mm b/c they just won't fit, OEM one is a 36mm so 39mm is already a stretch as is). I had to modify the pictures for obvious reasons but just imagine the a fade to the center with the center of the plate being slightly darker than the edges. The LED's are perfectly designed for liscence plate lighting b/c it directs all 100% of the light faces downward (you have to aim them downwards obviously). There are no reflectors on the liscence plate . The interior lighting turned out great. The Map lights turned out pretty good but you have to aim those as well (one of the 5 LED's has to aim outward). On the Dome lights I took pictures of the TWO DIFFERENT dome LEDs. The passgenger side (right dome) has the same 39mm 9 LED bulb. The drivers side (left dome) has the new design twin high-flux led lights which are 44mm. You can tell in the pictures the twin-flux design are the best, but what you can't really tell from the pictures is how much brighter they are. If i had to guess i would say they are roughly almost 50% brighter than the conventional 9LED deslign and they also disperse the light better as well (wider range than coventional LEDs). They are definitely worth the extra $1 price difference (from festoon bulbs). I will be ordering one more for the passenger side. The map lights don't really light that much honestly but I just wanted to have EVERYTHING matching.

The overall conversion was a huge sucess and I am VERY happy with the results. Here is the final tally....
  • (7) 39mm ,9LED bulbs = $49 ($7 each)
  • (2) High flux 44MM LED Dome bulbs = $16 ($8 each)
  • (4) BA9S 5-LED Map lights = $28 ($7 each)
  • Grand Total = $93 (before shipping)

Thanks guys, and I hope this information prove useful to all of you who want to upgrade your interior lighting.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1189.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1195.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1196.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1197.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1199.jpg  

Old 04-08-2006, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a few more pics................
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1202.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1204.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1200.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1201.jpg  
Old 04-08-2006, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

Just a sneek peak of whats to come, next project is Instrument Cluster LED conversion
Old 04-15-2006, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

Been sick for the last week so i haven't been able to post but finally got beter and did some mods.

First, I returned the liscence plate lights back from LED to regular. The reason behind it was that the Amp draw on the LED's so so low that the computer thinks the lights are burnt out and throws a "check light bulb" warning light on (the yellow one with lightbulb on it). Therefore i returned it back to stock so i don't have to see that warning light all the time, so thats two less LED lights you will need.

Second. I changed tranny oils again, this time I ran Mobil1 Synthetic ATF which is fantastic stuff and I also added a small bottle of Lucas Oils "Auto Transmission Fix" it basically improves seals and bands inside the tranny for better performance. Prior to installing both i put some Seafoam "Trans Tune" just to clean out any junk inside and then flushed the tranny about 15 miles after using it. Transmission definitely shifts very good and no leaks (which would happen with royal purple on extremely long road trips b/c it would get so hot and thin.

Third, I installed the Accel injectors. So far I'm not very happy with the injectors, I think the car is now running way too rich but that may also be b/c my precats are going bad which may be throwing off my O2 sensor (which is behind the precats abut 3 feet down the system). The car does rev smoother but still not perfect. I think a bad spark may also be the culpret so i then addressed that issue.

Fourth, I installed the Voltage Stabilizer i got. It goes on the battery and essentially if further improves the ground throughout the entire cars electrical system. The car now has better torque responce on the low end and accelerates smoother on the top end with alittle more pull. however b/c the car is still not running perfect its alittle hard to tell exactly how much it will help on a perfectly running car, but i believe the dyno claims 2-4 HP/Tq gains most see in all automotive applications i've seen.

Fifth, I have started the instrument cluster LED conversion however I ordered the wrong ones b/c sylvania used the wrong bulbs on their automotive lamp guide so i will have to reorder new LEDs.

The car is coming along and still have a few more mods coming. I will post new results soon. ttyl.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

Finally started to open up the W140 instrument cluster to see what inside. It turned out the W140 cluster is VERY well designed and is actually designed to be taken apart (the rear hatch actually has a hing s you can just open up the cluster like a book). The bad news is however, sylvania/osram's website listed the WRONG bulb, its not a 2721 bulb as they mentioned so i now have to reorder new bulbs. For the warning lights (and all other positions using the same bulbs) there are 17 bulbs (black base in picture), and for the 4 main cluster lights (white base in pic) there are only 4 (suprising). They also use a similar Light optic method for distributing the light as BMW's so it should work perfect with the LED bulbs once I get them. Thank god these clusters are easier to work on than BMWs.... BMW ones area nightmare. anyways I will be posting more results soon, so stay tuned.....
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1205.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1207.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1208.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1210.jpg  
Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well i managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat...

Hey guys, I finally got the new LEDs and WOW its MUCH better. how the hell i pulled this one off i dunnno lol. The speedometer is slightly darker than the other two and i'd like it to be alittle brighter all across so i'll try the "true blue glass 194 xenons" and see how they turn out.

The LED's turned out much nicer but they are still very expensive. I am going to try out ONE MORE setup which is the true blue glass 194 xenon bulbs and see how those are. You can do the whole cluster for $12 shipped vs. $30 shipped for LEDs. I will do a comparison between the two. Anyways, here are the LED pics (sorry they are alittle blurry but you et the idea, they are slightly darker in real life than the pics but it is a fairly accurate representation.)
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1215.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1216.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1217.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1218.jpg  
Old 04-22-2006, 01:25 AM

85 yugo
How does your Dimmer for cluster work now?
Old 04-22-2006, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 93300Se
How does your Dimmer for cluster work now?
honestly i didn't even think about that until u mentioned it. just went out and check it and suprisingly it works just like the regular light (fades perfectly well) . I am impressed . Its still a tad dark though so im gonna try the blue xenons. see how they turn out.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Website update !! :

hey guys, I just wanted to inform you I just did a huge overhaul of the S32 website, it is all brand new and much more professional looking. I would like to hear some of your opinions. its still not done but at least the basic design is completely. Thanks again guys and more mods are coming soon!!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silicone Elbow + Crankcase vent bypass complete!!

Hey guys.

I have finished the silicone elbow project finally. You guys have seen the old pictures but now I finally finished the crankcase vent bypass as well. What this does is it makes sure that all 100% of the air entering the engine passes through the Air sensor so the sensor can accruately gauge exactly how much air is coming in and as a result it improves your Air Fuel Ratios.

The Crank case vent is an emissions deal and it essentially is a controlled vaccum leak, it makes all the oil vapors go back into the engine and reburn them. This however also is air that does not pass through the MAS and as a result it can cause lean conditions. By putting a K&N breather on there instead of routing it back to the intake it can be filtered out and the filter air can then pass out into the atmoshpere. In addition, this also improves overall running of the car as well.

Performance: I honestly was not expecting any gains from this but wow was i pleasantly suprised. The car is NO longer knocking or running lean and torque had jumped up a significant substantial amount. in addition the car idles better now (though at first it will idle rough the first 10 seconds as the car gets used to the new extra air coming in at idle). The mid range power is significantly improved and now my EGR problems went away (go figure). So this solved MANY of my problems. and now I should be getting a dyno very soon. Anyways here at the pics, enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1348.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1349.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1350.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict1351.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

I finally had a chance to finish off my AMG Engine cover for my M104 engine. It took multiple tries at it but it finally came out fantastic. I chose a carbon graphite color b/c i felt it was pretty sporty and cool looking. I topped it off with multiple clear coats and polished it to a nice shine. It took a while and alot of $$ but i think it came out fantastic, anyways without further ado...Enjoy!

Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE: Pics of engine cover installed!

Heres the engine cover installed and as you can see it looks great. I went to such extremes that I even painted and clear coated the bolts that fasten the engine cover to the head (i'm a perfectionist, what can I say , look at picture below ). You will notice that the star on the front spark plug wire cover is missing, thats b/c I will be replacing it with the mercedes benz 49mm star emblem. The 49mm unit should be a perfect fit. anyways I hope u guys like it

P.S. I doubt i will make any more but IF there is enough demand i may considering doing a few extras if you guys really really want.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

Finally got back from a drive around town with the ECU reset, the new Silicone elbow kit complete (including crankcase vent bypass), and Toulene in the tank and the car run absolutely amazing, the car has never had this much mid range torque EVER. Finally the car is running really good. The top end is still choked at 6000-6800rpm but I have a feeling the new high flow midpipes will completely change that. Once I finish everything i should hopefully have a dyno by the end of the week at the latest! The project is nearing its completion guys, i can't wait to see the final dyno . anyways, ttyl.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, also i noticed something else. with this new mod for some reason resonance has subsided a decent amount to the point where i actually notice it. maybe the change in A/Fs has slightly changed sound as well. either way just an observation i noticed.

The custom high flow mid pipes + high flow cat + magnaflow resonator go in tomorrow !!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:53 AM

Infiniti Q45
For some reason, Everytime I see "Hey Guys" I picture this
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...timzaccheo.jpg
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM

~ 1996 S320 ~
:
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Website update !! :

hey guys, I just wanted to inform you I just did a huge overhaul of the S32 website, it is all brand new and much more professional looking. I would like to hear some of your opinions. its still not done but at least the basic design is completely. Thanks again guys and more mods are coming soon!!
Hey Omey - could you post the link to your site again as the one at the start of this thread seems to divert me off to somewhere else? Also for some reason the majority of the pics you've posted here are giving me red x's
Old 11-21-2022, 02:22 PM

E180 2019
Hello from 2022

I am buying my new S320 and wanted to know all the work you did on ur car so please if there is a website or somewhere where i can find i’ll appreciate it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!