S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

W221 S430 wont start, dasboard light are blind, battery full, key turns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S430 2001
W221 S430 wont start, dasboard light are blind, battery full, key turns

HI

Story begins with dead battery and locked car( car was in garage for 3 months because we have winter here). When i tried to jump it under passenger feet outlet it didnt opened doors. I tried everything to open the trunk but nohting worked. Then i connected new battery with car from rear licence lights. It worked and car doors opened, also trunk. Car worked perfeclty exept licence plate light stayed on even if the car was turned off. Turned off the car and it stayed in garage again for 2 weeks. Yesterday when i tried to start it, nohting happend( battery is full) radio works, Lights inside the car works, dasboard is blind. When i turn the key, nohting happens. Like there is no power in the car. I installed new battery, checked fuses. I dont know what to check next. Before when i opened door the lights blinked, now when i press unlock button car openes but lights dont blink also.
I think that empty battery and jumping the car fried something. Is there any possibility that its not EIS. Key turns so i think car recognized the key.

Sorry for bad english, its not my native language and i havent talked in english for years
Old 04-05-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by Janno Hinno
HI

Story begins with dead battery and locked car( car was in garage for 3 months because we have winter here). When i tried to jump it under passenger feet outlet it didnt opened doors. I tried everything to open the trunk but nohting worked. Then i connected new battery with car from rear licence lights. It worked and car doors opened, also trunk. Car worked perfeclty exept licence plate light stayed on even if the car was turned off. Turned off the car and it stayed in garage again for 2 weeks. Yesterday when i tried to start it, nohting happend( battery is full) radio works, Lights inside the car works, dasboard is blind. When i turn the key, nohting happens. Like there is no power in the car. I installed new battery, checked fuses. I dont know what to check next. Before when i opened door the lights blinked, now when i press unlock button car openes but lights dont blink also.
I think that empty battery and jumping the car fried something. Is there any possibility that its not EIS. Key turns so i think car recognized the key.

Sorry for bad english, its not my native language and i havent talked in english for years
I hate to tell you, but if you are truly driving a 2001, then you aren't driving a w221(2007-2013), or a w140 (1991 or 1992 through 1999, and where you posted your message), you are driving a w220. It is possible you are outside of the US, as you don't post your location, and perhaps the model years are slightly different. You may ask the moderators to move this post to the w220 thread, I hope that helps. Crickets in this section, and as your question relates to another model, I'd start there. Or in the AMG w220 thread, has more posts. I don't know how to solve your electrical gremlin, unfortunately. It sounds to me like you put too much energy through the rear license lights circuit, and fried one of the wires, causing a grounding issue, but I am no expert. In addition, you mention jumping it under passenger feet outlet... I known that on my w220, there was no connection there, you had to access the battery through the trunk by using the manual open key. Are you sure you have the year correct? You say 2001, that is distinctly a w220, with battery in trunk and access through the hidden key slot next to trunk release button. Good luck.