S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S-Class Smart key Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 55, M3 Coupe
S-Class Keyless go Questions

Hey, I am soon to be getting a 2003 S-600 and now im really debating weather or not i should get the Keyless go option. I really don't understand how it works like the conventional key the mercedes website really just gives a brief overveiw. Do you still got key openings for valet keys or do you have to give up you smart key and give the damn valets access to you stuff in the trunk or do you still have the valet key option? Also, how would you start the engine from inside and outside the S-Class with the smart key and can you just drive off with the car after you start it or is it like a remote car starter for regular cars (you have to put the key in and turn it then you can take off).

Thanks Guys

Last edited by streetburner; 06-29-2002 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:47 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Are talking about Keyless Go?
Old 06-27-2002, 06:48 PM

ML 55, M3 Coupe
Oh ya man sorry but that ill change it
Old 06-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
With Keyless go, you still get a set of standard keys. You also get a card sized transponder thaty ou must carry on or about your person. It allows you to simply get in the car and touch a pad on the shift knob. The car then will start. YOU CAN NOT start the car from outside however, the transponder needs to be in the car and you need to be in the car to touch the shift knob.

The other features of Keyless go allow you to touch a small clack button on the door handle that will unlock/lock your doors.

It is a cool option, however, I hated the look of the keyless go equipped shift knob. There have also been countless numbers of people complaining about problems with the system.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:29 PM

ML 55, M3 Coupe
Is there away to remotely start the car from outside with a mercedes option and can you use the transponder all the time instead of the keys to drive the car? Also, does it work without problems???
Old 06-28-2002, 09:29 PM

Exclamation

No I'm sorry to say that there is no option from Mercedes-Benz that allows you to remotely start the car from outside. I guess you could use the transponder all of the time if you don't lock and unlock the car doors/trunk. Hopfully they will soon consider the idea!

DOMINIC