S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Intermittent Electrical Issue- W220

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Electrical Issue- W220

Hey, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me because it really is becoming a problem .

I purchased an 02' S430 last year that has a few electrical issues.The car warranties are all voided so the dealer will not begin to answer my questions without me paying him a few thousand so I figured I would try the real 'experts' .

Problem #1:

The control panel on the drivers side sometimes shuts down completely and wont allow me to operate the windows/seats/etc... It doesnt happen all the time, but when it does it requires that I turn off the car and then turn it back on before I can control things from the driver side..... Any ideas?

Problem #2:

The center control panel A/C control has issues as well. The A/C switch does not function, I cannot turn on the unit so the compressor (and all the other A/C stuff) runs. THe freon is charged and the components all work, but not being able to activate the switch keeps the system from running. So... with the heatwave that is sweeping the east coast I end up leaving the Benz parked and driving my other car till the sun goes down... Any ideas?

Problem #3:

Where are the fuses and why arent they marked so you can tell what is what? I found THREE fuse boxes - left front, right front, and right rear under the passenger seat. But I hear that there is a fourth inside the right (passenger) dashboard. That one is a mystery to me and may be the answer to the A/C problem. Does it exist???

Thanks.