S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Got a flat--need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 S500
Unhappy Got a flat--need some help

I need some advice. I have a S500 with the Lorinser DTM body kit including the side skirts. I noticed last week that I have a flat tire on my passenger/rear tire. I have 20" Lorinsers on there now. I also have a set of 20" Black Lowenharts with tires on them stacked in my garage that I put on in the winter months. I dont think you can jack up the car the normal way with the body kit on there. All I need to do is jack it up and put the Lowenhart wheel on there til it gets to the tire place I deal with so they can get a new tire on the Lorinser wheel.

Knowing all the info I gave you, what is the best way to do this? Am I going to need the car to be towed on a flat-bed tow truck. Should I try fix-a-flat to see if the air will stay in there long enough to drive to the tire shop? I need some suggestions or an alternate game plan. I was going to call Mercedes Roadside, but I am afraid they wont be able to do anything b/c of the kit on the car. Please help...Thanks !
Old 09-07-2005, 03:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
124, 140, 211, 220, 221, 996
did u get a jack from lorinser when you bought the bodykit?? a friend of mine got one when he bought a set of lorinser DTM bodykit for his LWB S350.

i wouldnt try to drive to the tire shop cos the rim might be damaged in doing so.