S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2001 S430 ECU Upgrade Euro Specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMG, S430, Accord EX, Yamaha SECA II
Question 2001 S430 ECU Upgrade Euro Specs

Hi All I have been having minor issues with my 01 S Class since I replaced the center counsol [ the main one with the speedometer, etc. ] the check engine light wont go off, responce time is slow, and my head lights beek seeming to stop working at random start ups, not to mention in getting a fuel system error w/ some minor random shaking. Even after i clear the codes these things keep learching back especially the fuel system error. I was hopnig the euro upgrade would fix this the mechanic claims the cars have much fewer problems not to mention the 10 - 30+ HP, after the upgrade and it fix's alot of hte system clitchs is this all true? Im in Los Angeles, CA if anyone knows anything affordable I can look into to get all this fixed or knows where can get that EURO system upgrade for under $800 locally PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

thanks

aka Renzo

Last edited by jdcholoso; 10-02-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jdcholoso
Hi All I have been having minor issues with my 01 S Class since I replaced the center counsol [ the main one with the speedometer, etc. ] the check engine light wont go off, responce time is slow, and my head lights beek seeming to stop working at random start ups, not to mention in getting a fuel system error w/ some minor random shaking. Even after i clear the codes these things keep learching back especially the fuel system error. I was hopnig the euro upgrade would fix this the mechanic claims the cars have much fewer problems not to mention the 10 - 30+ HP, after the upgrade and it fix's alot of hte system clitchs is this all true? Im in Los Angeles, CA if anyone knows anything affordable I can look into to get all this fixed or knows where can get that EURO system upgrade for under $800 locally PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

thanks

aka Renzo
Change mechanics and then most of your problems will improve instantly.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMG, S430, Accord EX, Yamaha SECA II
Question do you know of a good affordable LA area Benz Mech?

i think my mechanic is good but if theres someone else local that is better and still affordable, reliable like my guy i am more than willing to try them im in Hollywood, CA. Do you know of a good affordable Los Angeles area Benz Mech? that knows the 2000+ S Class's inside out?

Im sure most of these issues are with the system itself and its data so i i can find an affordable place to gethte euro spec upgrade or a great mechanic it would help out alot.

ISSUES:
I replaced the center counsol myself but the new one's speedometer started over at 0miles, and the check engine and sms light stay lit, even when the codes are cleared they come back after a few hours or days. So im only up to 5,000 according to it now. [ i changed it in march ]

The Fog / Head Lights sometimes malfuction usually 1 at a time when i first start the car 1 light will not come on sometimes i can turn the car off for a while then retry it and it will come on, i have canged bulds many times.

The fuel system error keeps coming back and at times the car shakes but its rare about once every week or 2 my mech said its not feeding enough fuel at times it all seems tied to the brain, so the euro spec upgrade should wipe it clean and fix alot of these thins [ what do u think? ]

And it could use the HP boost without the 10k+ price.

Thats most all of the issues nothing ultra major but they all sound eletronic, so if any1 knows a great mechanic or euro spec upgrade place please help thanks

RenZo