S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Summer window open stoped working.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Summer window open stoped working.....

I called my service rep at MB today and told her what was/wasn't happening. If I press and hold the keyless/smart key remote un-lock button, the windows don't go down nor does the sun roof open. I have to take it in again to get it analyzed to see if I need a new control module for this . Has any one else had this problem?

I am begining to think that this car has a lot of nit pick things wrong with it and that's why the other owner traded it...he just didn't have the time or patience to fool with it. I am going to go back through this car with a fine tooth comb and make sure I find out about every thing that is wrong with it. My wife looked at me today and said "Maybe we should have bought that BMW 750?" I did not know what to say. I am not giving up but I seem to be wearing a path between my house and Palm Beach Mercedes Benz.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem, just would not work at all. The dealer changed the sensors in the two front doors. All is well, and has been for the past year.

The drivers door sensor is unique to the car (part of the locking mechanism) so has to be ordered from Germany.

The cost here in the UK, about £70 plus labour. Half hours work.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just wondering!!! How close are you to the remote eye sensor on the driver side door while trying to roll down the windows? With these cars you have to be pretty close to the car for this feature to work (like almost less than a foot). Just wondering, before you go spending on unnecessary repairs.

Also ask yourself if this feature was working when you got the car. If so, what has changed since then. Did you recently tint the windows? The window control module can easily short out if the soapy water from tinting gets in it during this process if it's not done carefully. Do the windows and sunroof roll up/down normal with the regular controls? Just checking.

How many miles on the car?

Last edited by kenstudios; 11-09-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Thanks a bunch for your reply!!! I just went out and tried holding the remote with in 6"~8" of the drivers side door handle and........presto chango the windows go up and down!!

I was used to our BMW where you could be 75'~100' away in any direction and it will work. I wonder why MB makes this so restrictive.?

Thanks again...the car has 13K miles and has a build date of 12/03. The original delivery date was 2/04.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's what we are here for. MB does this for safety issues. They just dont want you to be away from your car and something in your pocket pushes on the remote and rolls your windows down without you knowing. If you have any more issues just write.