Weird Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,238 Likes on 2,017 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Weird Headlight Issue

I have a S500 Designo with clear clear Bi-Xenon's (installed last year, inlcuding a leveling conversion kit). Worked great so far.

Yesterday, I saw a error in the main display, saying "Sidelight L and then Sidelight R" problem. I checked and in fact the sidelights were out (halogens next to the bi-xenons). Worse yet, when using the turn signals, the main bi-xenon lenses are activated instead of the front turn signals, flipping the headlight into high-beam/low beam.

Obviously the electrical is goofed up. Since the S-class only has electronic fuses for its lighting, it is much more difficult to troubleshoot.

All lighbulbs appear to be in working order and the disconnecting the conversion kit doesn't make a difference.

Anybody have had similar issues or ideas?

Thanks,

Wolfman
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126, W140, W201, W208
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I have a S500 Designo with clear clear Bi-Xenon's (installed last year, inlcuding a leveling conversion kit). Worked great so far.

Yesterday, I saw a error in the main display, saying "Sidelight L and then Sidelight R" problem. I checked and in fact the sidelights were out (halogens next to the bi-xenons). Worse yet, when using the turn signals, the main bi-xenon lenses are activated instead of the front turn signals, flipping the headlight into high-beam/low beam.

Obviously the electrical is goofed up. Since the S-class only has electronic fuses for its lighting, it is much more difficult to troubleshoot.

All lighbulbs appear to be in working order and the disconnecting the conversion kit doesn't make a difference.

Anybody have had similar issues or ideas?

Thanks,

Wolfman
I had the same problem, but happened before I installed the wiring harness maybe you might need to check the wiring
Old 11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes S55
Sounds like a grounding problem...

It seems to me like there is wire or connector somewhere that should be grounded came loose. I would check all the wires that are brown that run to the bixenons and make sure they have a good ground.