S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

DVD in COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S600, 2006 SL55AMG, 2005 SLK 200K, 2004 S280
DVD in COMAND

The 'radio' (*) in my car here in Bangkok allows me to play DVDs even if I am in motion (**) (***). And, since first run movies are available in Thailand on pirate DVDs within days after their big screen release in America or in Europe ... well, it's like having a Cineplex in my car. And here the pirate DVDs are not zoned, so they will play on any machine in the world. And, they are incredibly inexpensive: less than a senior citizen discount ticket for a midweek matinee.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Yes, a quaint term. But what do you call something that captures sound from the air, plays music from discs and tapes, shows you movies, tells you how to go from A to B and also operates as a telephone ... and for a little extra money will summon the medics if your air bags go pop in the middle of a drive?

(**) 'Motion' here is relative. At rush hour some of BKK's red lights would permit me to watch a full episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm before they turned green.

(***) In George Bush's America this is totally forbidden. I can't operate the DVD function even if the car's transmission is in P and the hand break is on.
Attached Thumbnails DVD in COMAND-copy-dscn0110.jpg   DVD in COMAND-copy-dscn0121.jpg