S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Car Flooded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Flooded

I have expereinced many issues with my 02' S500, but was unprepared for the rain (of biblical proportions) that we had around here. It turns out that my car had more than one smack up, the latest one that I noticed was on the rear right of the vehicle. It was put back so poorly that under the trunk where the seems meet, its kinda buckled. So when the water gathers under the trunk to drain down the back it sits in this area and goes into the trunkwell, where the battery is. After accumulating there it streamed forward along the right side of the vehicle, right rear passenger seat *WHERE THE ELECTRONICS ARE LOCATED*, all the way up to the passenger side footwell. The carpets were saturated.
So as you can imagine there are lingering electrical issues.
I cleaned out the car, took it all apart and had the carpet cleaned I drained out the water and cleaned all of the electrical. Even after cleaning it there are still some shorting going on.

My question is this: Is there a computer located in some hidden space on that side of teh car? I found the fuses, the computer with the motorola equipement in it and the wire runs that go from front to back. I opened EVERYTHING, cleaned the surfaces and used some component cleaner on it, but the short remains.

ANy ideas?

One or two more things (for now) - Does anyone have the Fuse Chart for the car, and the locations of the computers that control the functions. I like doing most of my own repairs so what manuals would be best to get? Does anyone know where I can get the MB software for my laptop?