S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

how is SAM control ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is SAM control ?

Anyone can explain clearly with...
how is the (left)driver SAM and (right)passenger SAM control the front headlamp low beam in model W220?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What exactly are you looking for? SAM stands for Signal Activity Module where all those fuses and relays connect. What problems are you experiencing? Chances are if one of your SAM's go out, you will have more than just the headlight problems. Everything that is connected and powered through that SAM will have some sort of defect.

Last edited by kenstudios; 04-04-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by kenstudios
What exactly are you looking for? SAM stands for Signal Activity Module where all those fuses and relays connect. What problems are you experiencing? Chances are if one of your SAM's go out, you will have more than just the headlight problems. Everything that is connected and powered through that SAM will have some sort of defect.
i know what is exactly the SAM stand for, but just confuse why is the left(SAM) was control right side headlamp lowbeam instead of left headlamp lowbeam and vice-versa.
Through my research, just lowbeam was design like that and high beam still as normal (left SAM control left high beam & right SAM control right high beam) why?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just because something is in the left side doesn't mean it controls functions on the left side. If you want to start asking why's, then there are so many why questions you can ask. Like why the rear SAM controls the radio thats in the front. Why is the CD changer in the trunk but controled from the front. Why the battery is in the trunk and not under the hood. Why the sun rises from the East and not the South. Have fun with it.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by kenstudios
Just because something is in the left side doesn't mean it controls functions on the left side. If you want to start asking why's, then there are so many why questions you can ask. Like why the rear SAM controls the radio thats in the front. Why is the CD changer in the trunk but controled from the front. Why the battery is in the trunk and not under the hood. Why the sun rises from the East and not the South. Have fun with it.
Hey!! Man.. I just wanna know the main reason design for this, because every construction and layout should have its reasons and purpose! Through my research just only Headlamp "Low beam" was control by SAM in different way compare to other model, you know? I mean it is only right low beam controlled by left SAM and left low beam controlled by right low beam unlike high beam that left control left & right control right !!