S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

sun roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 430
sun roof

Just happened today..Tried to open sun roof and it only goes back about an inch..you have to keep toggling the switch to get it to go back..it wont automatically go back on its own with one touch. Then when I try to close it it does the same thing going forward but when it gets completely closed the sunroof lifts up so that the glass is at an angle with the rear portion opened..that only should do that when you press the botton up from the closed position. Was wondering if any one else has had this problem and does it have to do with the electrical system of the car..I know that mercedes has had problems with their electronics..just want to make sure that this is not an early warning sign of things to come..thanks
Old 04-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 S430
I just got a 2002 and had the same problem. The dealer said it needs to be syncronized and they will take care of it for me. My car is a certified preowned car so I guess I am lucky. Not sure what that would normally cost.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 MB
Originally Posted by lorinserSclass
Just happened today..Tried to open sun roof and it only goes back about an inch..you have to keep toggling the switch to get it to go back..it wont automatically go back on its own with one touch. Then when I try to close it it does the same thing going forward but when it gets completely closed the sunroof lifts up so that the glass is at an angle with the rear portion opened..that only should do that when you press the botton up from the closed position. Was wondering if any one else has had this problem and does it have to do with the electrical system of the car..I know that mercedes has had problems with their electronics..just want to make sure that this is not an early warning sign of things to come..thanks

Don't be too concerned. Retiming the sunroof is a simple, and most of the time, can be done on the service drive. You could almost do it yourself, if you want , PM me and I will walk you through the steps. ( Assuming all it needs is to be retimed )

Steve
Old 04-18-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Keep pushing the switch to open and once open all the way hold it for about 10 seconds and you shuld be all set. This most of the time happens when you disconnect power.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 PM

S 430
I'll try that..I did disconnect the power to install my new wood steering wheel..so hopefully that will get it to work again..thanks