S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Help with 2006 S430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 S430
Help with 2006 S430

I bought this car (CPO) a week ago and the dealership apparently only got 1 key back from the original owner. I just received the second key today and tried to set the "key-dependency" feature up through the Convenience sub-menu so that my wife and I can adjust seats & mirrors when unlocking the car with our respective keys. However, this key dependency option is nowhere to be found in any menu. I also discovered that the option to lower the passenger-side mirror while backing is not here either.

Has anyone else run into missing options like this? What is involved with fixing this, and should I be terribly worried? Every other option is where it should be. The ones I'm missing are standard features as noted in the owners manual and in the brochure.

I've got a call into the dealer by the way. Just thought I'd poll the experts on this board.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 AM

Just a thought, maybe those features are just for S500 and S600 autos. I don't know, but I know sometimes, the manufacturer will lump all the features of a class of car into one owner's manual. Read the fine print in the manual and see if it applies to all the S class models.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If the key-dependency feature is not highlighted in the sub menu, then you don't have that option. For the passenger mirror to tilt in reverse, you have to have the passenger mirror selected at all times.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by PHXATC
Just a thought, maybe those features are just for S500 and S600 autos. I don't know, but I know sometimes, the manufacturer will lump all the features of a class of car into one owner's manual. Read the fine print in the manual and see if it applies to all the S class models.
That's not it. The only thing the 430 lacks from the 500 and 600's is the heated seats are not standard and neither is the nappa leather. My S 430 does not have the key dependency feature and I never used it anyway. I do miss the dipping rear view mirror while in reverse. It states in the owner's manual that some cars were not programmed with it but the dealer should be able to install the programming. When I took mine in for its first checkup I forgot to mention it. There is no reason to bring the car in so I will wait for its next visit and remember to ask.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try this. Select the passenger mirror, engage the reverse, dip you mirror manually, put it in park, push and hold memory number 1 or 2 onece the mirror gets back to it's original position engage reverse again and see if it dips.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lender1
That's not it. The only thing the 430 lacks from the 500 and 600's is the heated seats are not standard and neither is the nappa leather. My S 430 does not have the key dependency feature and I never used it anyway. I do miss the dipping rear view mirror while in reverse. It states in the owner's manual that some cars were not programmed with it but the dealer should be able to install the programming. When I took mine in for its first checkup I forgot to mention it. There is no reason to bring the car in so I will wait for its next visit and remember to ask.

Sorry, I was just throwing something out there.

I will go back to the E class forums where we are civilized.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM

'06 S430
Thank you all for the feedback.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:51 AM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by kenstudios
Try this. Select the passenger mirror, engage the reverse, dip you mirror manually, put it in park, push and hold memory number 1 or 2 onece the mirror gets back to it's original position engage reverse again and see if it dips.
Thank you for the advise, but it didn't work. I really liked that feature on my 03. My driveway is angled upward and I like to back in the garage. Without dipping the mirror manually I'm looking up at the top of door frame instead of the jam and the floor.