S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Clear LED side mirror upgrade wiring Q

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear LED side mirror upgrade wiring Q

I purchased the Replacement Clear LED side mirror signals and noticed that the original had a slide in conector which fit into the the female half on hte car. The new lens has a male two prong plug. Those of you that have done this before did you cut the male connector off the original and splice it onto the new signal. Also I have heard of people having trouble with a signal malfunciton alert on the dash did this happento all of you and how did you fix it.

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The connector fits in the 2 center plugs. Test it before you re-assemble.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:45 PM

2000 S430
I am also seeing that malfunction come up offten. I have been resetting it but it has been concerning me. Hopefully someone will respond with some solutions.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 PM

S 430
on an early post, there was a trick to get the malfunction light to stop coming on..I got it to finally work. I think what you have to do is start the car with the original lenses in the mirror, turn that turn signal on so that it is blinking as you disconnect it..with the car still running and the light removed, install the new lense...then one other way was the same as above but you leave the hazards on while you do the swap..I cant remember which one of the two above worked for me but I did them both and one of them was the correct one..hope that helps
Old 05-15-2006, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by lorinserSclass
on an early post, there was a trick to get the malfunction light to stop coming on..I got it to finally work. I think what you have to do is start the car with the original lenses in the mirror, turn that turn signal on so that it is blinking as you disconnect it..with the car still running and the light removed, install the new lense...then one other way was the same as above but you leave the hazards on while you do the swap..I cant remember which one of the two above worked for me but I did them both and one of them was the correct one..hope that helps
Im going to try this its pretty anoyying to hear it blinking slow then go fast when it faults. thanks will try both and post what works
Old 05-15-2006, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The mulfunction warning comes on most of the time when you reverse polarity or when one of the led's is bad. Carefuly re-install making sure you dont pinch the wires as you install the housing. If that doesnt turn off the mulfunction warning then send those back for replacement. If they are functioning right you shouldn't have any mulfunctions. See earlier posts.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ht=LED+upgrade

Last edited by kenstudios; 05-15-2006 at 10:33 AM.