Headlight Washers Found!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Angry Headlight Washers Found!

A little while ago I posted that when ever I would put washer fluid in the tank it would leak out of within 5 minutes or so... I took it to the dealer and they told me that my headlight washer nozzles were worn out and needed to be replaced... I got quoted $432.00 with labor. I told them they can keep them for that much money.

Yesterday I was digging around the trunk of the car and found these two weird plastic pieces in the spare wheel well. They were fork shaped and had 3 nozzles on each one. I made the connection right away to what these were. I pulled open the little flaps by the headlights, and these nozzles marked L and R slide right in and clicked into place.

Filled the tank with water... no leaks. Used the washer button, took a few tries to get the air out but eventually it sprayed the headlights with really high pressure water.

I am wondering why in the world the previous owner would pull them out?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minivan
The only reason I could think of is that the tank had to be removed for some reason and thus, drained before the removal. At that time, the plugs were removed and placed in the same location as you had found them.