S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

good and trustworthy places for <ahem> inexpensive oil changes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In reply to Newtons rough shift problem

there is a good chance that it is on the transmission mounts, partic. the rear main, after years in the heat they become brittle and crack,and break down causing jerky,noisy shiftsGood news is they are not too expensive to change out either.I would def. check them out for wear on any car over 4 to 5 years old.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:15 PM

2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
If you don't mind coming as far as Fairfax, there is an independent dealer that specializes in M-B on Pickett Road just down from the Post Office between rt50 and 236. Never used them, so I don't know anything about them, just that it's there.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
I actually LOLed @ $600 oil change... LMAO
Old 07-12-2006, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 s600 '02 Hayabusa '92 LS400
Red face hmmm...I'm all curious about dealership oil changes now...

I wonder what it's like to pay that much for an oil change? What if they have a special treat sitting in the bottom of that FREE cup of coffee while you're waiting for your oil change? Or Maybe they have *real* German guys fly in from Germany to do oil changes. who knows???

Has anyone on here been rich or fortunate enough to experience the real deal of a genuine $600 oil change from your dealership???
Old 07-12-2006, 01:10 AM

'02 s600 '02 Hayabusa '92 LS400
i forgot to mention...

for those of us who are not fortunate enough to experience the $600 oil changes on a regular basis (or in my case not at all), would you be interested in arranging a group refferal plan to negotiate a better price at some of the local mercedes / european shops around the MD/DC/VA area?

say....something like 15%-25% off the labor rate or parts if you need to get some work done to your car if you mention you are a member of MBworld.org?

I'm pretty certain if we get more than a couple guys together we'll have a good shot at getting at least 5% off our ticket price.

Anyways...if anyone's interested and live around the area just post up a message here or PM me and I'll see if I can strike a deal with the local shop owners in MD/DC/VA area.

thanks guys/gals!
-luxse
Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by luxse
I wonder what it's like to pay that much for an oil change? What if they have a special treat sitting in the bottom of that FREE cup of coffee while you're waiting for your oil change? Or Maybe they have *real* German guys fly in from Germany to do oil changes. who knows???

Has anyone on here been rich or fortunate enough to experience the real deal of a genuine $600 oil change from your dealership???
My dealer has a $59 oil change that includes a 27 point check of the car. Don't recall what they check, but they are very through. I have have had a number of services (A&B), however, that cost $600 an up, depending on what they found and needed to do to keep the car in tip-top condition (hoses, wires, cables, brake pads, etc...).
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 PM

2006 E350
Originally Posted by luxse
hi!

I posted this question in another forum as well.

I was curious if anyone on here can give me a few recomendations on where to get my oil changed? I would like to take reliabiliy, courteous service, and most importantly price into consideration. I have an S600 and I am in the east coast, specifically potomac Maryland area. Any help or recomendations would greatly be appreciated!
thank you in advance!

-luxse

I take my cars to AUTOWERKES in Fallston, MD. I have been going there for 3 years now and I don't let anybody touch my previous cars but them particularly my 06 E350. Their quality of work is 2nd to none IMHO. This is a family owned business and they specializes in european cars particulary MB and Bimmers. This may not work out for you because of the distance but you can always give it a shot. Below is their website....

http://autowerkesinc.com/