S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Well, It's Mine - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2006 | 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by JAM
A friend of mine just bought the same car (same colors too), and the sound system is absolutely amazing. It is the only OEM sound system that, in my opinion, sounds better than my W140.

Ken, how do you feel the car compares to your W220 in terms of handling, engine performance, noise level, materials, etc... I know that you have had your fair share of W220 issues, but issues aside, how do you feel the cars compare?
Handling is not as good as the W220 but its acceptable. The "PROBLAIRMATIC" susepnsion makes a difference in the W220 ride quality. Everything else I think it does better than than my S500. The seats actually get cold when you use the seat climate control. The power feels pretty responsive and on demand. The sound system is unmatched. It sounds really good. There is a bit more wind noise but not too bad. Over all, it is a well built car.
Old 07-22-2006 | 08:00 PM
Banned

Are you sure you have AWD,only the 35,s have that as an option, that car being the M35 X.
Old 07-22-2006 | 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by highdeserthiker
Are you sure you have AWD,only the 35,s have that as an option, that car being the M35 X.
I'm not sure I do. Once I get my title and bill of sale I will review that and let you know. I can't seem to get my wife out of this car. She really never showed that kind of interest in the S class. But I must say after driving for a while I can more than certainly need that dignified S ride. That's a smooth ride.

Last edited by kenstudios; 07-22-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2006 | 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by kenstudios
I just couldn't help it. Went there in the morning and got it.
Nice exterior and interior color combo. congrats
Old 07-23-2006 | 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by benznodubz
Nice exterior and interior color combo. congrats
Ditto. Reminds me of the MBZ "Designo Espresso" edition, which is probably my favorite color combo of all time.
Old 07-24-2006 | 12:30 AM
Banned

2001,CL 500
so why buy another sedan thats already similar to the s...and espcially since the s is better to begin with...i mean its a cool car..but i dont see the point.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by blahzayblah
so why buy another sedan thats already similar to the s...and espcially since the s is better to begin with...i mean its a cool car..but i dont see the point.
Piad around $90K for the S and todate have pumped over $20K in repairs. That's why. Before loosing my warranty, everything was covered so all that was the last 25K miles since then. My extended warranty is BS. They don't pay for anything. This is a Benz forum so I'll reserve my thoughts.

Last edited by kenstudios; 07-24-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2006 | 01:01 PM
Banned

Hmmm,

Ken are you sure you really did buy this car?
You said it had awd,then that it was new option for 07,seems odd that you were confused on whether it has awd or rwd, then that you would have to wait for your paperwork(bill of sale ect) to verify this,too funny?
So the car that you "bought" is actually a 06,it has been at that dealer for some time,and of course it has RWD because thats the way all M45,s come.
Plus, and here is the strangest thing Ken,your car is still sitting there for sale because you never bought it,now did you?.
So, I have to give you the "BS.er of the year Award",wonder what other little fibbies you told Kenny?
Old 07-27-2006 | 01:34 PM

2006 ML500
JUSTBECAUSE:
I'm curious....what do you have against this guy and his car? First you insult his color choice and say you bet the dealer would've taken only 20k, and now you accuse him of not even buying it? Even if that was actually true...why would you even care?!

Grow up dude.... and in the future you might try congratulating someone on their new vehicle instead of insulting them.

Get out the popcorn.....
Old 07-27-2006 | 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenstudios
I'm not sure I do. Once I get my title and bill of sale I will review that and let you know. I can't seem to get my wife out of this car. She really never showed that kind of interest in the S class. But I must say after driving for a while I can more than certainly need that dignified S ride. That's a smooth ride.
How did you get her out of it when you never had it to begin with??
Old 07-27-2006 | 01:42 PM
Banned

I am the one that feels insulted

Originally Posted by red00lght
JUSTBECAUSE:
I'm curious....what do you have against this guy and his car? First you insult his color choice and say you bet the dealer would've taken only 20k, and now you accuse him of not even buying it? Even if that was actually true...why would you even care?!

Grow up dude.... and in the future you might try congratulating someone on their new vehicle instead of insulting them.

Get out the popcorn.....
With regard to your first statement,I have nothing against him at all, and I would love to own that car.
With regards to my "insult", it was as I knew for a fact that he had not not purchased that car, I was curious to see how long the story would play out..
And with regard to your final quote I care because I hate liars.
This is a very long and misleading story to put it mildly.This is just one damned lie after another, why would you defend that.

Last edited by justbecause; 07-27-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2006 | 08:38 PM
Banned

I would say the plonker is BUSTED

Aint No Doubt.
Old 07-27-2006 | 09:53 PM

2006 ML500
Justbecause
OK, I'm man enough guy to admit that you were correct and you caught the guy....congrats!

You are sensitive to liars and I am a bit sensitive to people being rude to others on forums that are supposed to be enjoyable to read. However, I also find it very weird that the guy is pretending to own a car that he really didn't own....so I guess I can't blame ya for calling him out.
Old 07-30-2006 | 02:54 PM
Banned

Where did all the pictures go Ken???

I guess this mystery and imagination thing you suffer from is catching.
I could have sworn there were dozens of pics of your new M45???????
Old 07-30-2006 | 06:39 PM
Banned

You are correct Sir

Nope, no great mystery, he edited his posts,threads and profile,cars he owns ect, ect.

The man is erratic to say the least, read on from some past posts and tell
me what you see:

Please pay partic. attn. to the last paragraph in each post, thankyou.:

kenstudios

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I've posted this in the past about this squeecky noise coming from the front suspension (driver side)S500 65k miles. I went in for service and after 5 days in the shop the guy replaced my lower control arms, ball joints, and other issues I had going on not related to this noise. Anyway, $1300.00 later I still have this squeecky ratling noise at low speeds and when I turn or go over bumps. I just don't get it. Any one with info related to this can please advise. I'm at a point of throwing this car into my empty pool and just putting the cover over it never to see it again. I dont think I'll miss it. Hey, thats a good idea. I know when I make another appointment with the local service guy I'll get another shocker and more$$$$$$$ going to them.I also have a 2001 chevy suburban with 125000 miles on it and this truck gets abused like crap. Believe it or not the only time I've taken this truck to the shop was to replace the alternator after blowing one with my amp. I do my own oil change. Still original brakes (no dust), original everything else, no tune up yet and still runs like new. Paint looks great despite off road abuse, no scratches on it. I hate to say but MB has a lot to learn from Detroit about a lot of things. In 2010 we'll be talking about the new W221 just the same way we are talking about the 00-02 S-class. Mmmmhhhhhh

NEXT POST:

kenstudios

Posts: 449 An S class will be as reliable as the owner makes it. Service the car and it will last you for many many years to come. True there are some instances where the car breaks down but that is expected with any fairly used car. The key is to get it in the shop as soon as the warning signs comes on and not to wait until it breaks down to get it in for repairs. MB cars have so many sensor and there is a reason for that. A typical S class driver wants status and will not like to be stranded on the side of the road and MB knows that and thats why they install sensors on anything that works in the car. Those sensor dont come on when it breaks down. They come on before a breakdown is imminent so you can get it in the shop and have it repaired. Take for instance the airmatic. The first thing to go is the relay. Once that happens you get a warning to visit workshop. Ignore that and the relay will take the sensor and the pump with it. Now you have a problem. It's a shame that now we have these cars going for $20-$30 and there are more people buying because they can finnally afford the note. They don't realize how expensive repairs and regular maintenance can be. Once the car breaks down then they start attacking the maker for unreliability. It's one thing to afford the monthly note and it's another thing to afford the upkeep. Just like a cute woman will cost you for the upkeep if you want her to stay cute. You better pay for the beauty shop visits. My car has been in the shop a couple of times but thats bcause after 6 years of ownership, yes I will expect my air to go out, my airmatic to clown, my bulbs to blow, a leak in the tranny fluid. Those are not considered major breakdowns. I consider those regular maintenance. I will buy this car over and over and over and my kids will buy MBs because I instill in them how reliable the car can be.
On the other hand, take a six year old chevy and by now you'll be running a new engine, new tranny and among many many more porblems. Get the picture.

Last edited by justbecause; 07-30-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2006 | 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by red00lght
Justbecause
OK, I'm man enough guy to admit that you were correct and you caught the guy....congrats!

You are sensitive to liars and I am a bit sensitive to people being rude to others on forums that are supposed to be enjoyable to read. However, I also find it very weird that the guy is pretending to own a car that he really didn't own....so I guess I can't blame ya for calling him out.
Thank you very much rewd00lght, that means a lot to me, it really does, it was very good of you to say that.

I feel I am on my own here.
Old 07-30-2006 | 10:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
One thing I don't get. If he did in fact lie about it, why the M45?
Old 07-31-2006 | 01:27 AM
Banned

well if you dont know who would?
Old 07-31-2006 | 02:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

How about this, we forget it happened?
Small detail, take it to PM.

If anyone has another, deeper issue feel free to contact me through PM.