S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Window Problems....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 Designo/Mocha Black
Window Problems....

Both my passenger and drivers side window are trippin'. Automatic roll down works fine but when I try to use auto up, it goes halfway and stops and drops about an inch. I'll have to hold the button to close it all the way up. This problem is intermittent and its starting to strike a nerve.

Has anyone resolved this?

RICH
Old 08-07-2006, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
sometimes my whole front passenger door dies including the soft close door, and if i have the window down and i try to roll it up from the drivers door u hear a click it too comes and goes interesting
Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 AM

S500 2003
Hi, just joined so heres my first post. A few weeks ago my car started doing exactly the same problem. Been into MB garage here in UK a few times and they have replaced switches and motors but problem is still there. The garage has now contacted MB tec support and they have indicated that it could be a wiring problem in drivers door which is a known problem, which has started to appear in some W220's. I should get my car back tomorrow from the garage, so will update later.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 AM

S500 Designo/Mocha Black
Same problem in the other forum and i found this reply....kinda make sense.

Joel, I had a friend with this same problem. There is a on the windows that make them reverse direction if they encounter any resistance (such as a childs fingers). His window was a bit out of alignment and this was causing the safety feature to kick in. He was able to close the window on the 2nd try as you described.

Have similar problems with my 02 ML500 windows (all of them). Motors, switches and door modules all have been replaced. Still does it. Factory tech says its most likely the window track insulation out of spec. Waiting for engineering data from factory to replace all window track insulation/gaskets
Old 08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

I have the exact same problem

on my 2001 S430,intermittent like yours too.
Its the most annoying thing,stops at halfway when it feels like it???

But when you say it may be "allignment out and the safety feature kicking in", wouldn't the safety make it roll back down than just stop dead in its tracks,??

Last edited by lionelpeel; 08-07-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 PM

S500 Designo/Mocha Black
Originally Posted by lionelpeel
on my 2001 S430,intermittent like yours too.
Its the most annoying thing,stops at halfway when it feels like it???

But when you say it may be "allignment out and the safety feature kicking in", wouldn't the safety make it roll back down than just stop dead in its tracks,??
Mine only stops when its trying to close not open. From my understanding its a safety feature, just so nothing gets caught. So it must be closed with caution with the manual soft close. It goes down but just about an inch or two as soon as it struggles going up. Giving it enough room for the supposing item or someone being caught up.

RICH
Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Banned

I dont know, I do know I had to leave the car in a public car park last week with the driver window in the mid position as I had a dentists appt. and after spending 10 mins messing I gave up.