S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Trunk won't open with the remote!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S 500
Originally Posted by MILIN1609
Yea, I do hear some kind of noise when I press the remote. So, that means th e SAM is ok. It got to be the mechanical issue. Is there any way to open lock michanism?
Hi MILINI, Just to make sure,
1.Open the trunk the way you open it, check that the lock cylinder (the line) where you insert the metal key vertical position , if not insert the key and rotate the cylinder to vertical position and remove the key, this allow you to open the trunk w/out metal key by pressing the cylinder in if the vehicle not locked centrally. and can be opened with remote and trunk switch on driver door.
2.The trunk lid lock can be opened mechanically by turning the metal key from vertical position to left 30 degree and pressing in the lock cylinder, even when the vehicle is locked centrally. The key cannot be removed in this position .
3. the lock cylinder can be turned from vertical position to the right 90 degree position, the key can be removed in this position. the trunk lid lock is then locked mechanically , it cannot be opened either manually or with the remote control or with remote trunk switch on driver door. in step one when you try to open the trunk with remote you can hear clicking noise as you've mentioned even if the lock is locked mechanically in step 3.
if still can not open the trunk, you have mechanical problem or just needs adjustment. good luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, CL65 C216
Hi,

can someone give me please a hint where I can find rear SAM module in a CL65?

Thanks, Tomi