Washer leaking.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S430
Washer leaking.

My S430 has a warning sign stating "Check Washer Fluid". So, I put new washer in it. But within 5 min., the sign came back. I checked the fluid level and to my surprice, it was empty. For a test, I put regular water in it. And the tank became empty in 5 min. again. All the fluid gets out of the tank from the bottom somewhere. Anyone, have any idea? How to fix it and what to look for?
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500, 2001 Camry,1996 Honda SUV
Originally Posted by MILIN1609
My S430 has a warning sign stating "Check Washer Fluid". So, I put new washer in it. But within 5 min., the sign came back. I checked the fluid level and to my surprice, it was empty. For a test, I put regular water in it. And the tank became empty in 5 min. again. All the fluid gets out of the tank from the bottom somewhere. Anyone, have any idea? How to fix it and what to look for?
Thanks.
Did you try to operate the head lamp washer recently? (the buttom just next to your head light manual switches). If yes, open the head lamp washer cover on both side of bumper and check whether the nozzle is still there. If the nozzle is present, push/press back the nozzle to hear a click sound and refill your washer. It will stay there. (Do not operate headlamp washer again until you fix that O ring. If you don't see any nozzle in both or one of the sides then run to dealer and get the new nozzle. ( when the O ring is not properly sealed the whole thing flew off or came off when you operate the washer)
Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by winmaw
Did you try to operate the head lamp washer recently? (the buttom just next to your head light manual switches). If yes, open the head lamp washer cover on both side of bumper and check whether the nozzle is still there. If the nozzle is present, push/press back the nozzle to hear a click sound and refill your washer. It will stay there. (Do not operate headlamp washer again until you fix that O ring. If you don't see any nozzle in both or one of the sides then run to dealer and get the new nozzle. ( when the O ring is not properly sealed the whole thing flew off or came off when you operate the washer)
I had the same issue... water was leaking out. I opened the flaps for the washers and there was no nozzles there. About a month later I found both nozzles in the trunk in the spare tire well... go figure.

Dealer wanted something like $370 to fix the "leak"...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500, 2001 Camry,1996 Honda SUV
$370???

It cost me $0 to use the spare O ring which I found from my tool box.
It was very funny when it happened. I was parking at the crowded parking lot and showoff my Mercedes to clean the headlamps with a button. The moment I pressed the button, I noticed a pop sound and something like a small rocket flew off infront of my car. (Fortunately it did not hit anyone)
And someone pointed under my car and I saw gushes of wind shield fluid and nozzle on the parking lot. How embarrassing it is!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
On my '01, the reservoir cracked. I think it was like $500 to fix.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:16 AM

2017 C63 AMG Cabriolet
Check for a leak at the washer pumps which fit into the washer bottle. They are located just in back of the right headlamp. That's where mine leaks from, and I get the same message. I had the dealer attempt to fix it once, but they didn't, so it's going back in again. Very frustrating.