The old Zenon / Bi-Zenon question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old Zenon / Bi-Zenon question

Hello all,

Currently I have a 2001 S 500. I have in it what I think to be Zenon Headlamp units??? they are not clear but definitly Zenon on low beam. They go up and down and adjust when the car is started. Long story short I purchase a set of clear lensed Bi-Zenon units from another member on this forum and went to have them installed and had issues. The shop could not get them installed properly.

Questions are as follows:

1. Can anyone tell me how to determine if the current set I have in the car ( non clear lenses are Bi-Zenon vs just single Zenon) Maybe they are Bi-Zenon and I didn't realize it? (because lenses are not clear?

2. The new units I have which we could not get to function properly are from Steve at BenzML and maybe the reason the install didn't work is because they are Euro versions vs US which the shop had only installed before. They added the ground wire and re-programmed the ECU but still had no luck??

3. If I do currently have Bi-Zenons with non clear lenses ( if that is possible) it appeared that the lenses would pop off both type of units and could be swapped??? They looked like the glass lenses were snapped in place and could just be swapped??? Any one know the answer to this. ?

4. What is the difference in functioning of the single Zenon and Bi Zenon??

thanks so much in advance

Andreas
Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
I also have Xenons from factory, and I made sure the Aftermarket product was also Xenon, and not Bi-Xenon. From what I understand, the Bi-Xenon would require some adaptation and ECU reprogramming. The headlights I purchased were simply Xenon, and just "plug and play".