My 03 S55 rearended at 55mph...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by AMGFREAK
Fighting with the insurance co. of the insured that him me. They are saying only $16,000.00 worth of damage per the adjuster. I had it taken to the body shop that my local MBZ dealer uses and they are at $47,000.00 They did a complete teardown of the car. The tunnel of the car has 3 really bad ripples in it. Its bad. The body shop and I are bet that by the end of the week they will just total the car and write me a check. I will keep you all posted.
Its good to hear that you're okay. The only accidents I've ever been involved in were also being rear ended.

Its always funny, yet expected, to hear these adjusters come up with initial numbers. Honestly, why do insurance companies even bother? Let the bodyshop check it out and then have the adjuster come out to verify. I ran over debris on the freeway causing a lot of havoc under the car. I mean, $16k for all that? I ran over debris and caused $13k in damage on my C32
Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 185 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I was just about to give you all an update, but you beat me to the post.

Fighting with the insurance co. of the insured that him me. They are saying only $16,000.00 worth of damage per the adjuster. I had it taken to the body shop that my local MBZ dealer uses and they are at $47,000.00 They did a complete teardown of the car. The tunnel of the car has 3 really bad ripples in it. Its bad. The body shop and I are bet that by the end of the week they will just total the car and write me a check. I will keep you all posted.

As for me I have a fractured C4 vertebrae and 2 torn ligaments in my neck I am off work till at least late Jan.

All I can say is that its NO FUN! I am way to active of a person to just have to do nothing.

My attourney is taking care of the personal injury part. Thanks for all of the inquiries...
Back and neck injuries are very dangerous, and I wish you good health and a speedy recovery. You would be better off replacing the car due to the extent of the damage - $47,000 is alot in repairs and the car will never be the same, not to mention the value is shot.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I was just about to give you all an update, but you beat me to the post.

As for me I have a fractured C4 vertebrae and 2 torn ligaments in my neck I am off work till at least late Jan.

All I can say is that its NO FUN! I am way to active of a person to just have to do nothing.

My attourney is taking care of the personal injury part. Thanks for all of the inquiries...
Ouch. C4 vertebrae is in the neck.

Glad you are okay, and no major harm was done. Hope you a have a good and quick recovery!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:01 AM

2000 S-Class
Glad your doing ok! Don't mean to be rude, but can you still salvage the front end bumper?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 AM

2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo
The insurance Co. is going to total the car, we are just negotating the price still. Car is at body shop still. Will keep you posted on the final out come.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 AM

E550 Cabriolet 2012 CLK 350 Lorinser LM6 19" (Retired)
Well driving down the hwy at 55 mph traffic stopped for some odd reason and the guy behind me ON THE CELL PHONE (of course) plowed right into me. He was driving a Ford F150. Since I was hit from the right rear it slung me into the other lane of oncoming traffic missing another F150 almost head on ( I HATE FORDS). I came to a stop teleaid was on immediatley, flashers were on, rear view mirror swung out of the way. All saftey features performed flawless.... I just have some whiplash just got back from getting x-rays. Off work for 2 weeks per Dr's orders...... Oh well.... Now I am off to car shopping... Possibly another good used S55 or a new S65 havent decided.... Here are some pics...
OH GOD what a travesty. if you're okay thats good news, but people need to be paying more attention on the road. They would give ANYONE a lisence.
Nathan