S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Navi screen will not follow car, stays stationary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi screen will not follow car, stays stationary

2000 S430. Navigation screen will not track while driving so I have to reset the screen to a new location to see where I am and what's coming up down the road. Can anyone tell me whats wrong or needs to be replaced?

A/C seats will not work either. Control will illuminate but cool air will not come out. any idea's what to check?

Drivers side mirror will not defrost, any hints what to look for?

Sunroof will touch closed but open back up....

Looking for suggestions...

Chris
clarson564@aol.com
Old 12-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
i had that same navigation problem i took mine to the dealer and they test drove it and said nothign was wrong with it and it started working with me too.
the a/c seats are really quiet u have to listen in complete silence to hear it. and the drivers side mirror is not suppose to defrost i dont think so atleast i could be wrong.
and when the sunroof goes down it pushes it self back up little bit to even it with the cars roof
Old 12-16-2006, 09:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Sounds like you might have to do a total system reset on the command system. I had to do that last spring on a long trip from West Palm to Nashville. It happened at about 2AM when I went thru a tunnel under the runway at Atlanta airport. The whole system just locked up and woudn't track. I called MBUSA tech services and they told me that this happens under certain enviroments and requires a reset or re-boot. Once I did the reset I noticed that everything returned to normal but I lost all of the presets that I had stored. Good Luck.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:52 PM

Still looking for help with my additional issues. Private replies sent.

Chris
Old 12-17-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's no need to reset this. There's nothing wrong with your car. If you read your manual you will understand how it operates. When you are pulling just a map by the location of the vehicle, your screen stays stationary while that little arrow moves (it's just a map to show you where you are). When the arrow gets to the end it stops and you have to update current location. The tracking feature only works while you are following directions to a destination. If you want the tracking feature then I suggest you get a 04-06 with the DVD based nav system. Sorry but thats just how it works.

Oh, another trick is to zoom out as far as your driving range is covered by the map. Mine is typicly 5mi. The further out you zoom the more area is covered.

Last edited by kenstudios; 12-17-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 AM

sneaky.... trying to get me to buy a newer car so the navigation system works more like all cars with a tracking system!

thanks for the info on that one!