S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2003 S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S500

Hi I am thinking about buying a used S500. 2003 and up. Sorry I dont know to much about them. If it has under 50,000 miles does MB still cover under thier 50,000 mile maintenance? Also how is the maintenance on these cars? Are they reliable? Its going to be my daily driver. Do they have bluetooth connection with phones in them? Easy to hook up an ipod them? Thanks thats all I can think of right now. If you want to add more cool things that this car is great for feel free. Thanks and again sorry for all the newbie questions.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by Ghettorab
Hi I am thinking about buying a used S500. 2003 and up. Sorry I dont know to much about them. If it has under 50,000 miles does MB still cover under thier 50,000 mile maintenance? Also how is the maintenance on these cars? Are they reliable? Its going to be my daily driver. Do they have bluetooth connection with phones in them? Easy to hook up an ipod them? Thanks thats all I can think of right now. If you want to add more cool things that this car is great for feel free. Thanks and again sorry for all the newbie questions.
03-04 will be awesome ... 04 is the the best value/reliable W220 though
Old 12-28-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is the 04 better? Just fixed all the bugs? Any differences? Is reliabilty up there with BMW and lexus?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I deleted your double post.
Get the latest model year you can.
Few things to keep in mind though.
I believe free maint. was ended for 2005 model year cars.
2003 was the change in the headlights and rear lights.
Reliability of BMW and Mercedes are close to each other. Lexus is beyond both, but very sedated compared to the former. You cant have your cake and eat it to (unless you buy multiple cars).

As I said before, get the latest model year car you can. Make sure you get an extended warranty, you don't want to pay for random electronical issues mainly because all dealerships (no matter what company) are incompetent and will make you return again and again for the same repairs.

It's been more than three years and my dads car still doesn't have a fixed tire pressure monitoring system
Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by vraa
I deleted your double post.
Get the latest model year you can.
Few things to keep in mind though.
I believe free maint. was ended for 2005 model year cars.
2003 was the change in the headlights and rear lights.
Reliability of BMW and Mercedes are close to each other. Lexus is beyond both, but very sedated compared to the former. You cant have your cake and eat it to (unless you buy multiple cars).

As I said before, get the latest model year car you can. Make sure you get an extended warranty, you don't want to pay for random electronical issues mainly because all dealerships (no matter what company) are incompetent and will make you return again and again for the same repairs.

It's been more than three years and my dads car still doesn't have a fixed tire pressure monitoring system
It's been more than a year, and my CD changer is still broken. lol