S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

command problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
command problems

I have a 00 s430, just bought in september. Since I bought the car I haven't been able to get the navigation to work. It worked before when I initially test drove the car but the battery died and hasn't worked since. Maybe someone can help me out, everytime I try to activate navigation it keeps saying "activating navigation" and stays like this without anything else happening. I tried reading up on the possible settings etc, but have been unsuccessful. I even took it to the benz dealer and even they couldn't figure out the problem. Does anyone know what it could be or has anyone else experianced this before. It's kinda annoying when everyone gets in the car and wants to see the nav work, I gotta keep telling them I don't have the CD. Please help me, I'm considering get a whole new unit but just wanna makesure it's not just a simple setting on the tires or the satellites.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
You may have already done this - but try ejecting the CD and re-inserting it. Last, check your fuses (there should be a fuse diagram in the spoare tire well).
Old 02-14-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree with skylaw, eject cd, re-insert and wait for it to load. This may take a few minutes. Is everything else on your command functional?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 AM

S320 (W220)
Do you have it working again? If so, please let me know as I have no GPS reception but at least I have the map and the arrow pointing out my car. it could be a fuse???
Old 02-15-2007, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by vette529
I have a 00 s430, just bought in september. Since I bought the car I haven't been able to get the navigation to work. It worked before when I initially test drove the car but the battery died and hasn't worked since. Maybe someone can help me out, everytime I try to activate navigation it keeps saying "activating navigation" and stays like this without anything else happening. I tried reading up on the possible settings etc, but have been unsuccessful. I even took it to the benz dealer and even they couldn't figure out the problem. Does anyone know what it could be or has anyone else experianced this before. It's kinda annoying when everyone gets in the car and wants to see the nav work, I gotta keep telling them I don't have the CD. Please help me, I'm considering get a whole new unit but just wanna makesure it's not just a simple setting on the tires or the satellites.
Activating Nav means there is no internal response from the unit. Since there is no error message for this, it keeps trying to activate... you might have a bad command unit as the cd rom is built in right? IF it's not activating then that;s really all it could be. There are no separate controlling components.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:46 PM

S320 (W220)
MY06CLK, dont think he has a build in cd rom. Problem must be found some where else. I've got no GPS reception after using the jump cable due to flat battery. For sure there nust be an explenation, same counts for vette.