S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S class Safety

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2002 | 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
S class Safety

Well I am 17 and haven't got my license yet because my parents think 16 was too young. (I get it in 1 wek ) Last week I was with my mom driving her S500 and we got in a fender bender (for us). We were stuck in traffic while a car 2 cars behind us tried to beat the red light that we passed. When he passed it he didn't have enough time to push the brakes an hit a car wich was 2 cars behind us. It was a domino effect and hit us from the back. When i got out i saw the car that hit us in the back (honda) and the whole front was crumpled. I was thinking our car was gonna be the same. When i looked all there was were 2 scratches and thats it. I was amazed. When the police came he checked out every car and then came to our. He kept on looking at our car and the honda that hit us. You could tell he was amazed. Even the lady in the Honda said, "wow your car helld up really well". Every car hhad to be towed except for ours. It's a good felling when eveyone passing by you looks at your car and the car behind you and points . There was even a guy that rolled down his window and said, "great car" . Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are in a benz there in a great car.
Old 10-02-2002 | 08:41 PM

2003 S500 4-matic, 2003 SL55
What they lack in quality control over the years they have madeup in safety. U experienced it first hand . My mother in-law got broad sided at 50 mph in a old 300e , the car was totaled and she was ok. Be on the look out for the stupid people of the world because its those people who are going to get u hurt.
Old 10-03-2002 | 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
The S-Class is an absolute tank; https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=14179
Old 10-11-2002 | 06:13 PM

1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300TE
i had a clinets daughter hit on passenger side in a 124 car,by a dump truck,passenger side doors pushed in to almost center console.
looking at car from drivers side ,couldnt tell it was in an accident,and the doors opened and closed normally.
we have pictures of this up in our waiting lounge,with a letter from client.
Old 10-11-2002 | 11:26 PM

I was (un)lucky to have my family involved in an experience where MB safety saved lives. My father was with his wife driving in the mountains, in heavy rain. They skidded off road and rolled violently into a ditch about ten times. From the road to the place where the car finally rested rolling the distance was measured to be more than 150 meters. My father and his wife were rushed to the hospital, one with a broken leg and the other with some head injuries, but nothing else. In little time they were as good as new. Unfortunately the car got totaled, but everyone, even the police experts could not believe that the people inside that pile of steel came out alive. The car was a 1988 190D, without airbags. Just the day before, I had driven that car to 185 kmh, about 5 over the spedometer-marked speed limit.
To this day, my family owes their life to that little car that did not give up where many others had. My father says that looking back he did not even regret not taking the W220 that day (then in garage duty).