S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Driver Seat squeeks Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 S430
Driver Seat squeeks Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2002 S430 with 12,500 miles I got in Jan 07, well now it has 16,000 miles. My problem is that on turns and some bumps my drivers seat squeeks. Its not a rattle or a clank and not a rubbing noise. I searched all of the previous threads on this and couln't find my answer. I can get in the seat and jump up and down, shift my weight back and forth adn side to side and I can't replicate the sound. It only happens when driving adn its very random. But very annoying. The seat is not loose, I am thinking it might be the metal springs rubbing against the bottom of the seat.

Does anyone have the similar problem and was able to fix it.

By the way the car is still under CPO warranty but I don't think this would be covered.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220cdi Estate Avantgarde March 2008
Originally Posted by Destination Unk
I have a 2002 S430 with 12,500 miles I got in Jan 07, well now it has 16,000 miles. My problem is that on turns and some bumps my drivers seat squeeks. Its not a rattle or a clank and not a rubbing noise. I searched all of the previous threads on this and couln't find my answer. I can get in the seat and jump up and down, shift my weight back and forth adn side to side and I can't replicate the sound. It only happens when driving adn its very random. But very annoying. The seat is not loose, I am thinking it might be the metal springs rubbing against the bottom of the seat.

Does anyone have the similar problem and was able to fix it.

By the way the car is still under CPO warranty but I don't think this would be covered.
In UK dealers have a huge machine where you can sit in the car with an engineer while the machine rocks and rolls the car in every possible direction. Mkaes finding squeaks and rattles much easier. I don't know if you have them in USA but worth asking, if all else fails.

Squeaks are difficult to find. I had what I thought was a squeak in the driver's seat. Turned out it was coming from passenger door moving very slightly on bends under load. He put some WD40 on the big rubber vents that the door closes against (near front hinges) and the squeak has never come back.