S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Phone Cradle?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone Cradle?!?

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and have read a few threds to see if i can solve this problem but im having no luck!

Ok i live in the Uk and i have a S320CDI on a 55 plate (late 2005) long wheel base.

I have bought a bluetooth phone cradle to use in the car. The car has to be all the dnecessary wiring. Ok the problem i have is that i cant seem to complete all the steps that the instruction manual asks to complete. I cant go any further after step 5 out of a total of 6 steps.

The item number is B 6 7 87 5838. Its the bluetooth cradle which has the sim car reading ability, bluetooth and the privacy phone with the cord as well.

When i put my sim in it, everything works fine, it gets the address book, call lists, receives calls, makes calls and has reception with my network.

BUT i had bought it so i could just pair up my phone with it using bluetooth when i got in the car and when i left the car it would disconnect when out of range etc.

I get to a point where i use the cradle to find bluetooth devices within range, which it does and displays my phone- SAMSUNG E900. Then the instructions state that choose the phone you like to connect to, then press the make a call button to call the phone and a 16-digit pin will appear on the COMAND screen which i have to enter when requested onto my mobile phone.

Now this is where it all goes wrong. When i choose my phone so it can call it in order for the prompt to enter the pin....its starts caling my phone but then says no network and at that point i have to start from the beginning again as i havent to pair my phone.

I know the cradle works as i have tried it with just sim (and its brand new) and its perfect. But when i try to pair a phone, my samsung (ive also tried a Razr V3), no luck.

Really sorry for the long message!!!! Only way i could explain everything.

I would really appreciate the help from everyone or hope theres an expert on the subject. Thanks alot in advance
Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Have you tried to get support/help from wireless4mercedes? they are usually pretty good with this. It sounds like a phone issue to me though.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by my06clk
Have you tried to get support/help from wireless4mercedes? they are usually pretty good with this. It sounds like a phone issue to me though.
hi thanks for the reply, actually no i havent! First time ive heard of them. Could you tell me how i would go about contacting them and what they do?

Im beginning to think its the phone as well!

Thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by momomo
hi thanks for the reply, actually no i havent! First time ive heard of them. Could you tell me how i would go about contacting them and what they do?

Im beginning to think its the phone as well!

Thanks
They are Mercedes' partner for wireless communications in the U.S., http://www.wireless4mb.com/ I don't know if they only deal with the U.S. - it is pretty obvious you have a UHI unit. The MHI is used in the U.S.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:25 PM

'04 SL55,'07 S550,'06 E55

go to your MB dealer and ask about bluetooth. I have an 04 SL55 and bluetooth wasnt avilable for it originally but now they have an upgrade kit, I paid $350 USD wholesale for it
Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 PM

Yeah i think they are onlu U.S based......i think the best bet will be to try my local dealership and see what they can do for me!! Thanks alot guys

Ill get back to you...