S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Hi,does any one know about upgrading Comand 2.5 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 - 2002
Hi,does any one know about upgrading Comand 2.5 ?

Hello, does any one know how is possible to upgrade firmware on comand 2.5 ?
I have got some upgrading CD names MY01 but seems there is something wrong, it doesn't working at all ! Is there someone can help me out? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Korso; 08-30-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Changing title
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM

S500 - 2002
Hello,Does any one know how is possible to upgrade firmware on comand 2.5 ?

Hi,does any one know how is possible to upgrade firmware on comand 2.5 ?
I have got some upgrading CD names MY01 but seems there is something wrong, it doesn't working at all ! Is there someone can help me out? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Korso
Hi,does any one know how is possible to upgrade firmware on comand 2.5 ?
I have got some upgrading CD names MY01 but seems there is something wrong, it doesn't working at all ! Is there someone can help me out? Thanks in advance.
How do you know it does not work. How are you using it ?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 AM

2004 CL500
Hi korso
I found these instructions on the internet on how to use the update cd. hope this helps.

.................................................. ...........................

COMAND MY01 UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

Applies to COMAND 2.5 (maybe 2.0)

This update includes how to:

- update with CD
- apply same update TWICE or more (running MY01 twice removes any custom logo).
- recover from crash or fail
- prevent ICAN loops
__________________________________________________ _______________

1 Switch off ignition and withdraw ignition key.

2 Switch on operating unit with ON touch switch and wait about 10 s until operating unit is correctly switched off.

3 Press keys * and # at the same time and hold and switch on unit with ON switch. Wait until download screen is displayed, then release keys.

4 Insert download CD. (In the case of CD version with automatic CD eject, CD is ejected and must be inserted once again).

5 Press the following keys to override an older or same version: First of all RET alone, then 23 and 9 at the same time.

6 For download with ICAN activity (if ICAN active, download stops endlessly in the case of checking CD) press keys 1 and 3 at the same time (before start of download!)

7 Start download by selecting with start operating unit rotary knob and press on rotary knob.

8 The download now runs automatically in two stages and takes about 45 minutes in total.

9 Confirm final message with OK, remove download CD and insert NAVI map CD, switch unit off and on with ON switch.

Procedure in the case of download problems
===========================

If the download does not continue running or takes significantly more
than 45 minutes:

Remove fuse F61 (for radio/sound/COMAND operating unit and navigation) and insert again. This fuse is located in the right below the rear seat bench in the footwell (fuse and relay box below right rear seat). The fuse box is enclosed with a black rectangular plastic cover and can easily be opened without a tool. A drawing of the fuse assignment is provided at the vehicle tool kit in the trunk above the spare wheel. F61 is the 5th, counting from the middle of the vehicle, and the 14th, counting from the door (long row of fuses with a total of 18 fuse positions, not all of which are fitted). The fuse may be located in a different place on your vehicle. If in doubt, consult your handbook.

After this, once again start the download process.

DISCLAIMER: I do not take any responsibility for running the update CD. Use at your own risk; the instructions above are direct from Mercedes Benz technicians. If in doubt about updating Comand yourself, always book it into a Mercedes Benz dealership for the update to be applied.

Last edited by lloyds; 09-01-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 PM

S500 - 2002
My01

Hello guys

I have downloaded the program via internet and I just followed instruction, that's it.
I'm not sure that I did right but as just as instruction said the program should be run automatically after pressing and holding * # and ON switch.
Did I do something wrong? I don't know, but I see lloyds found better instruction than I have, thanks lloyd Thank you all for your helps
Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Hello guys

I have downloaded the program via internet and I just followed instruction, that's it.
I'm not sure that I did right but as just as instruction said the program should be run automatically after pressing and holding * # and ON switch.
Did I do something wrong? I don't know, but I see lloyds found better instruction than I have, thanks lloyd Thank you all for your helps
If you mean you downloaded the data on the firmware update from the internet, the only version I'm aware of on the internet is for Euro specification cars. You don't give us any indication of where you're located - but that update will not work on anything but a Euro spec COMAND.

As for a U.S. update see the discussion at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...d-2-0-a-2.html

And lloyds wasn't fooling about "at your risk." Don't fool with COMAND if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited by Skylaw; 09-03-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:48 PM

S500 - 2002
My01

Hello

Sorry, I'm living in Norway and my car is European car.
What do you mean about my risk? I have to update the comand by myself!
Here in Norway I have to pay something around US $ 150,- for updating comand via MB dealer
Then you see that I have no choice, but thanks for your attention, I will keep in mind.

Best Regards
Korso
Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Hello
What do you mean about my risk? I have to update the comand by myself!
Best Regards
Korso
If you have a bad bootloader, your current firmware will be wiped out and the new firmware will not load. That will turn your COMAND into a useless pile of silicon.

There may have been other firmware updates done to other components, and the COMAND update interferes with them. I had an update done for audio dropouts on my Bose system, and it wiped out my Nav system. Fortunately when they had to replace my COMAND to fix the problem it was under warranty.

It's risky. I don't say it won't work - but when your COMAND rejects the update after you have tried all of the proper steps, there is a reason.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:17 AM

S500 - 2002
My01

Hello
Thanks for your advice, but let me ask you that do you know how can I get right firmware program for my comand?
My problem is I have no Star logo at start up and I have no digital speedometer at service menu, do you think upgrading comand with MY01 will resolve these problems?
I have been in contact with MB local dealer but they couldn't upgrade the comand either! After 2 hours they said sorry, we are not able to upgrade your system, would you please come back next week!
I guess that I have no more guaranties on my car because it's 1999 model.
I appreciated if you let me know how can I get correct firmware program, or where can I download the program.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Khosro
Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
SL63 (R230), CL500 (C215), SL55 (R129), CE300-24 Cabrio (A124)
Lightbulb

Hello
Thanks for your advice, but let me ask you that do you know how can I get right firmware program for my comand?
My problem is I have no Star logo at start up and I have no digital speedometer at service menu, do you think upgrading comand with MY01 will resolve these problems?
I have been in contact with MB local dealer but they couldn't upgrade the comand either! After 2 hours they said sorry, we are not able to upgrade your system, would you please come back next week!
I guess that I have no more guaranties on my car because it's 1999 model.
I appreciated if you let me know how can I get correct firmware program, or where can I download the program.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Khosro
Hi.

Why cant the dealer just read the upgradable part# from the upgrade cd cover thand compares it with your model.?
Some older Comands just cant be upgraded.

Cheers, Frank
Old 09-04-2007, 05:37 AM

S500 - 2002
My01

Hi, good question, perhaps because he has no idea about it you know, but I will ask him. Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Kosro
Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM

S500 - 2002
My01

Does anyone sell the original MY01 CD for European MB with comand 2.5 ?
Thanks in advance.
Korso
Old 09-05-2007, 01:20 PM

2004 CL500
Hi korso,
If your comand is a 1999 none DX type just pm me your address and i will see if I can find the disc that I used on my car and send it to you or I can try to email it to you this weekend. I don't think you can get the star logo with the 1999 model comand as I also don't have this on mine dispite the update. Also it might be that like me your car already has the my01 update installed and so MB could not find an update for your car as no update is available.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM

s220
firmware

hi, did you find the disc, if you did could you email me a copy pls

thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2018, 11:04 PM

2002 CL500
Howdy,

Sorry for posting to quite an old thread - but I too am after the COMAND 2.5 update disc / ISO for my 2002 CL500 (W215).

Does anyone still have a copy / access to a copy of this by chance?

Thanks!