S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Can i voice control my audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes s500 (W220)
Can i voice control my audio?

Hi guys! I am new in this forum, but i'll look forward to use it.

I have a question, can i voice control my audio system. I have a s500 (W220) from 1999. I live in Denmark, dont know if there are different versions between countrys?

I have seen Jeremy from Top Gear controling his audio system with his voice, but his sl55 is maybe a newer version?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Niels
Hi guys! I am new in this forum, but i'll look forward to use it.

I have a question, can i voice control my audio system. I have a s500 (W220) from 1999. I live in Denmark, dont know if there are different versions between countrys?

I have seen Jeremy from Top Gear controling his audio system with his voice, but his sl55 is maybe a newer version?
Yes, there is a voice command unit available for your car. It is fairly straightforward to add. I will say that the voice control for the 2004 and later W220 (when the MOST network replaced the older D2B) is significantly enhanced -- it controls more things, has more commands and seems to recognize commands better. I had a 2001 and added voice control and loved it, but after some time in my 2006 I recognize how much it was improved. But I have no regrets about putting it in the 2001.

Voice control is normally added as part of the telephone system, at least in the US. While it's fun to control your radio by voice, it's most valuable for things that take more than one button press -- like making phone calls.

Of course, the vocabulary is different for each country. I can't imagine there is no Danish version available, but you should check with a local agent.