S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

need help with 03+ headlights and auto level on a 01...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
need help with 03+ headlights and auto level on a 01...

ever since i got the lights put in by the body shop it seems that they've always been shooting up in the air...so i lowered them to the lowest setting and everything was fine...well until i started the car agian...they went down then back up into the air (im pretty sure it was the auto levelling that did it...so im wondering now if i can get that feature disables via star diagnostics from the dealer...or...is there a fuse or something else that i can disconnect in order to get rid of the problem...any help appreciated and thanks in advance...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
the second plug has 3 pins discoonect two of the pins only leave the ground it will disable the auto level........im not using auto level and everything works perfect
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by ssonss1
ever since i got the lights put in by the body shop it seems that they've always been shooting up in the air...so i lowered them to the lowest setting and everything was fine...well until i started the car agian...they went down then back up into the air (im pretty sure it was the auto levelling that did it...so im wondering now if i can get that feature disables via star diagnostics from the dealer...or...is there a fuse or something else that i can disconnect in order to get rid of the problem...any help appreciated and thanks in advance...
Just disconnect the auto-level.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
thanks guys...i disconnected one wire on the passenger side and not the driver side but it seems to have fixed the problem...everything else functions fine so i guess im in the clear...the plug i pulled had four pins in it...thanks guys...