S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

W220 steering wheel controls and A/C stopped working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220 S320 CDI
W220 steering wheel controls and A/C stopped working

Has anyone come across this problem before.. I have a 2000 model S320CDI with a gremlin in the electrics, for no apparent reason the steering wheel buttons have ceased to function including the horn, also the EC light appeared on the air conditioning which no longer cools the air. I tried disconnecting the battery but this only seems to have reset the time on the dashboard which of course I can’t change now as the buttons don’t work!
I’ve checked all fuses which might be related such as the horn and A/C but all seem in order.
I’m reluctant to go to the main dealer to be charged a fortune to press a few buttons or change a fuse as I imagine it’s something simple. Can anybody help me please?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by quarryman
Has anyone come across this problem before.. I have a 2000 model S320CDI with a gremlin in the electrics, for no apparent reason the steering wheel buttons have ceased to function including the horn, also the EC light appeared on the air conditioning which no longer cools the air. I tried disconnecting the battery but this only seems to have reset the time on the dashboard which of course I can’t change now as the buttons don’t work!
I’ve checked all fuses which might be related such as the horn and A/C but all seem in order.
I’m reluctant to go to the main dealer to be charged a fortune to press a few buttons or change a fuse as I imagine it’s something simple. Can anybody help me please?

for the steering controls its the clock spring happened to me