S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Getting Rust Repaired For Free Under Starmark Warranty!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Getting Rust Repaired For Free Under Starmark Warranty!

Mercedes Benz Decided to cover my rust, right now its in the body shop, rust on all the edges at the bottom of doors, trunk quarter panel near wheel wells....im just wondering when they repair this do they fix it for good or only for like a year or two? and it seems like most of my car needs to be done, do you think theyll just repaint the whole thing so it will look good or just the certain parts where its rusted? i have a BLACK car.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 W220
Rust

I have the same issue. (Post S500 Issues Questions)
Rust – It is starting to show some signs of rust on the car. On some of the door handles, bottom corners of the doors, bottom center of the truck. It’s not to noticeable, but I have not seen this on other MB’s, even older than mine.
I have 2000, S500 with 115K. I called MB and they would NOT warranty it. The dealer said they would do a 50/50 if I took it to their body shop. I have not taken it in for an estimate. I am afraid that the price might give me a heart attach. The Service Advisor made comment of $6K.

How did you get yours covered? Mine is out of warranty and I do not have Ext Warranty. It was about $1500 a year.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Originally Posted by T_Herbst
I have the same issue. (Post S500 Issues Questions)
Rust – It is starting to show some signs of rust on the car. On some of the door handles, bottom corners of the doors, bottom center of the truck. It’s not to noticeable, but I have not seen this on other MB’s, even older than mine.
I have 2000, S500 with 115K. I called MB and they would NOT warranty it. The dealer said they would do a 50/50 if I took it to their body shop. I have not taken it in for an estimate. I am afraid that the price might give me a heart attach. The Service Advisor made comment of $6K.

How did you get yours covered? Mine is out of warranty and I do not have Ext Warranty. It was about $1500 a year.

Thanks.
the answers you seek may be here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...lass-rust.html
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
my service advisor is a good guy, he told me in order for MB to cover it, i would have to have bought the car from a MB Authorized New Car Dealer, so i told them that i bought mine at Lewbar Imports(Closed Down), which was a MB Dealer...now theyre closed down, but at some point that dealer was open....i really bought my car at a used car dealer....but i told them i bought it from a MB Dealer so therefore they covered my rust, i only have 65k miles though.