S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2001-s500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
2001-s500

Took my car to the dealer and they told me that I need new struts and something called a ABC pressure block. quoted me $ 5,200. Can someone tell me what the correct name and part numbers these items are listed as. I'm going to try and purchase them online and have a local mech. install them. (Does anyone know a good web site to order these parts or good mech. in the philly area?) Here is what I think the description name goes by:

ABC Strut Assembly ?
ABC pressure block?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 PM

2000 S430
pressure block i'd imagine is the compressor and i think that i read the other day that only the top of the struts fail and can be replaced at a resonable price while a dealer will tell you you need to replace the whole assembly.

mind you i'm a total n00b to all to the benz world so take my words with a grain of salt
Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 310 Likes on 228 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by ddidonato
Took my car to the dealer and they told me that I need new struts and something called a ABC pressure block. quoted me $ 5,200. Can someone tell me what the correct name and part numbers these items are listed as. I'm going to try and purchase them online and have a local mech. install them. (Does anyone know a good web site to order these parts or good mech. in the philly area?) Here is what I think the description name goes by:

ABC Strut Assembly ?
ABC pressure block?

Thanks
You're probably hosed. You probably have contamination in the hydraulic system and the system needs to be flushed before the work and bled after. This is specialized work and probably beyond the scope of most independents. If the system is not flushed you'll need yet another valve block in short order. As much as it hurts, the dealer is probably the cheapest alternative in the long run when it comes to ABC repairs.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by icwater
pressure block i'd imagine is the compressor and i think that i read the other day that only the top of the struts fail and can be replaced at a resonable price while a dealer will tell you you need to replace the whole assembly.

mind you i'm a total n00b to all to the benz world so take my words with a grain of salt
The valve block (pressure block) has nothing to do with the pump. The top of the strut seal is for Airmatic, not ABC, cars. ABC is totally different, much more complicated and more expensive to repair.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:45 AM

S500
Here is the write up from Mercedes Benz Invoice:
68625 Test Drive Care. Found FRT Lower Ball Joints Loose. Found FRT Strut tops loose. Also found code in ABC system for low pressure. Top off level. Look for leaks. Found value block with pressure sensor leaking. perform rodio test to test pump output, ok at this time.

They want to replace both struts and value block for $ 5700. The reason I took the car in was because of a moaning noise I was hearing when I pushed down on the gas pedal almost like a loud reving noise, besides driving I could also hear this noise when the car was in Neutral. So I was confused about it being the struts becasue wasn't moving.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
It's "valve block." Value is a typo.