S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Weird Noise and An Unresponsive Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007 | 12:51 AM

Weird Noise and An Unresponsive Benz

vehicle - 2002 S430. i'm overdue for my Schedule A by less than a 100 miles and was going to get it done this week by a friend's connect at a benz dealership so i won't get ripped.

situation - drove it a day ago. this evening i go to the car and i hear this repeating noise coming from the hood. it isn't the alarm. it's continuing low volume kinda clicking sound that won't stop. never heard anything like it before. don't know when it started and i don't know how long it's been going on for since i haven't driven the car since i last parked it.

Solutions - tried the key. won't work. lock. unlock. trunk. nothing. i woulda tried the panic alarm, but it's midnite and i'm parked on the street. my backup key is at my other place so i can't try the spare out until the morning and i get a ride.

anyone have any idea what the problem might be? i searched the board and didn't see anything relating to this.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by quillv; 11-04-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-04-2007 | 01:35 AM

2000 S500
Not to be a smartass, but I think your battery is dead. I know when I left my lights on one time, the battery died and it made that repetitive clicking noise that was coming from under the hood...good luck whatever it is !
Old 11-04-2007 | 01:54 AM

naw. not a smart *** remark.
i wondered about the battery but wasn't sure. i'll call roadside asst in the morning and hopefully it will be all good.
thanks for the help.
Old 11-16-2007 | 06:22 AM

2000 s-430
I had a problem with mine too. Key in ignition an nothing. on/off repeatly and all the sudden the car starts up. Problem for 3 days. Shop said it was the starter. I did not think so because when the car started the start motion was strong. I order the starter, check the computer and no faults come out. Everything was right. But in the last minute I switched the motronic relay with the one in the airmatic suspension (they are the same code), and the problem went away. A BAD RELAY. Relays are really this bad. I got a new one from dealer. $35. No problem since.