S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

03+ upgrades (tail lgiht, headlight, signal) help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
03+ upgrades (tail lgiht, headlight, signal) help

Im sorry if this has been repeated over and over again, but I cant seem to find significant enough information on each one, so I will try to combine it all in this one thread.

I have an 01 s500 and decided im going to upgrade the exterior looks to that of the 03+ w220's. questions:

1. I am going to get OEM tail lights from ebay for about $350 shipped (both left,right). I want oem so if anyone knows where i can get a better deal let me know, thanks. Also can anyone link me to some kind of instructional on how to personally swap the tail lights yourself (dealerships rip off).

2. I also want oem side mirror signal lights, but cant seem to find them online. can anyone link me to a good deal oem part, and if NOT, refer me with an after market model which looks and performs just as good as the oem one, or better. An instructional link for the swap on this also. thanks

3. Lastly, the headlights. Now i know oem for these babies are like $1200+ for each headlight, so can anyone recommend an after market headlight that is of good quality and looks exactly like the oem part. But if you know where i can find a good deal for some oem ones, please share too.

P.S. if anyone uses after market products on these three, how do you like it, and how does it comepare to oem parts? THANKS SO MUCH GUYS.

ANY PICS WOULD BE GREAT!

Last edited by jdpfresh; 11-07-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
tail lights you can buy non oem for 145, they work good, and so do the mirrors, the headlights, i purchased used from advantage auto parts of texas for 1200 shipped, find them on google , and see if they have anymore.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
I also seen topics about it.

But It would be great to see a car b4 and after pics of this upg.

Only significant diff I notice is the Headlights.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 AM

s500
ok just ordered an aftermarket set and signal lights for mirrors and oem tail lights. still on the look out for oem headlights, since after reading several online sources, they seem to be the way to go to avoid any problems. any more help is cool. thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by jdpfresh
ok just ordered an aftermarket set and signal lights for mirrors and oem tail lights. still on the look out for oem headlights, since after reading several online sources, they seem to be the way to go to avoid any problems. any more help is cool. thanks
Make sure that you ask and have confirmed that the low beam takes a D2S HID bulb.. A D1S is ok too but you want the real deal which is the D2S.... If they say the low beam has an H-7 for a low beam do not buy, that is what you would do if you had a halogen non hid equipped S430.

ps.OEM projector S HID headlight takes a D2S bulb. I got mine from procarparts.com but make sure they tell you whats inside. You should be able to find some Bosch around somehere...etc.

http://www.procarparts.com/search.as...yword&str=w220
Old 11-11-2007, 11:57 PM

s500
Originally Posted by benznodubz
Make sure that you ask and have confirmed that the low beam takes a D2S HID bulb.. A D1S is ok too but you want the real deal which is the D2S.... If they say the low beam has an H-7 for a low beam do not buy, that is what you would do if you had a halogen non hid equipped S430.

ps.OEM projector S HID headlight takes a D2S bulb. I got mine from procarparts.com but make sure they tell you whats inside. You should be able to find some Bosch around somehere...etc.

http://www.procarparts.com/search.as...yword&str=w220
alright well i have a 2000 S500 so does that come standard with xenon hid headlights? if so, is this the one i should get: http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...=onlinestoreDB

i mean if i dont get oem, is that the best alternative that should give me the best results possible, with the bulbs you mentioned..
Old 11-12-2007, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by jdpfresh
alright well i have a 2000 S500 so does that come standard with xenon hid headlights? if so, is this the one i should get: http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...=onlinestoreDB

i mean if i dont get oem, is that the best alternative that should give me the best results possible, with the bulbs you mentioned..
yup those are the ones...my 01 has the standard xenons as well..i ordered those exact ones and i have no complaints...