S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S500 trunk self closing/opening issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:58 AM
Almost a Member!

01 S500, 01 BMW M3 Convertible, 98 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Unhappy S500 trunk self closing/opening issue

I just bought a used 01 S500 without any extended warranty. Recently, the automatic trunk open/close system no longer works from either the remote, the trunk button on the door (red led no longer on), or the red trunk button. Pressing either the door trunk or remote just unlocks the trunk without any movement up or down. BTW i have tried holding the buttons for 5 seconds. i have already check/remove/reinstall all the fuses which are 13, 57 and 62 (which i know by heart now) and they are fine. The door/trunk close assist (pulling the lid/door in tightly) still work fine for the trunk and the other 4 doors.

Please help before I have to resort to the stealership.
Old 02-08-2008 | 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by tilolite
I just bought a used 01 S500 without any extended warranty. Recently, the automatic trunk open/close system no longer works from either the remote, the trunk button on the door (red led no longer on), or the red trunk button. Pressing either the door trunk or remote just unlocks the trunk without any movement up or down. BTW i have tried holding the buttons for 5 seconds. i have already check/remove/reinstall all the fuses which are 13, 57 and 62 (which i know by heart now) and they are fine. The door/trunk close assist (pulling the lid/door in tightly) still work fine for the trunk and the other 4 doors.

Please help before I have to resort to the stealership.
Look like the power to supply power to the trunk is gone. The close assist use the vacuum, so may be that's why it still work .

Let me look at the W.I.S tomorrow and update you.