S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

clock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
clock problem

hello, i have a 2000 s500, and the clock time seems to lose seconds to minutes dramatically over time. over the course of 3-5 days, the time will have fallen behind about 5 min or more. I have to keep adjusting it in the sys menu. I understand this is somewhat normal, but usually it takes weeks to months just to lose maybe an incredible fraction of a millisecond. Does anyone know whats wrong? thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
lol.... when i was working at benz and some guy complained about the same thing!!! I forgot what type of benz he had... but after 3 times back to see the dealer... i actually researched! I thought the guy was nutz, but to my surprise.... There was actually a DTB on the clock in his model car losing time.. and it was a really small # of seconds per day..... Im prob the only person to acually solve this problem for someone... lol, i could see any other benz service person blowing the customer off for such a problem....

SOOooo.... have your local dealer do a DTB search for time, or seconds... like i said i forgot what model car he had... but it will come up under a general search....

Good luck
Old 03-12-2008, 01:50 PM

s500
Originally Posted by TuneTime
lol.... when i was working at benz and some guy complained about the same thing!!! I forgot what type of benz he had... but after 3 times back to see the dealer... i actually researched! I thought the guy was nutz, but to my surprise.... There was actually a DTB on the clock in his model car losing time.. and it was a really small # of seconds per day..... Im prob the only person to acually solve this problem for someone... lol, i could see any other benz service person blowing the customer off for such a problem....

SOOooo.... have your local dealer do a DTB search for time, or seconds... like i said i forgot what model car he had... but it will come up under a general search....

Good luck
funny thing is that i already took it to the dealer! they fixed it and i paid $90 bucks or something. after about 2 months the problem came back. i went to bed with it in correct time, and woke up to it 35 min behind! haha. so i just adjusted it to the correct time on the sys menu. from this point its been losing time as mentioned before. i've been changing it in the menu for the past 4 months because im not about to drop $90 again to last only a month or 2 at most.