S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

What do you guy think of this idea?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008 | 10:24 PM

S430 Sold :(
What do you guy think of this idea?

I was browsing thru ebay and I saw the updated 03 + tail lights in smoked gray here is a pic. My Idea is in a few weeks is to send my 3 piece wheels (only the faces) the a local powder coater that i know for $180 for the set of 4 he can powder coat the faces to the exact or close to color of the S65 wheels see pic below. Whats your guys thoughts I am leaning towards the smoked lights because my car is silver and well.... there are no red parts on the car other than the tail lights. I think it would give it a sleek look plus the s65 color wheels will set it off with the same center caps which the chrome accent on them will match the chrome lips on the wheels. Thinking out load here any other suggestions will be taken into consideration. the quick face lift will cost about $320. The next mod after that will be the AMG body kit (aftermarket) sitting in the basement.......maybe someone here can photoshop it to see what it would look like?
Attached Thumbnails What do you guy think of this idea?-tailight-update.jpg   What do you guy think of this idea?-wheel-color.jpg  

Last edited by jfendis430; 05-12-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2008 | 10:45 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Yea, I seen those silver tails I really do wonder how they would look on a silver.

They're clear and not smokd though

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...ks-w220led.jpg

you can look at my car to see the AMG body kit

Last edited by Gondon; 05-12-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2008 | 04:30 AM

2000 S430
The wheels would look cool, on the lights I dont know I would have to see a photochop to see how the clear lights would work. If you can pull it off then
awesome! if I doenst pull off then it could be a little hondiash.
Old 05-13-2008 | 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by westcoast5
if I doenst pull off then it could be a little hondiash.

Yeah that is what I am afraid of I wonder if they a smoked enough? anybody have them or seen them in person?.....lol hondiash well said
Old 05-13-2008 | 03:24 PM
Banned

2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
DO NOT GET THOSE CLEAR LIGHTS.

your cars status will turn from class to straight up rice.

I would get the updated 03+ taillights and have the red parts smoked out to a gloss black and leave the middles white.

i have an expert guy here in NY that can do your lights anyway for very cheap. He even has them stocked up on his website... ill post the link later.

and id leave the rims black. Then your car will look perfect.

to get an idea of how your body kit would look like just go on ebay find a 01-02 s55 which will have the amg body kit and just use "Paint" to cut and paste your wheels on.
Old 05-13-2008 | 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
DO NOT GET THOSE CLEAR LIGHTS.

your cars status will turn from class to straight up rice.

I would get the updated 03+ taillights and have the red parts smoked out to a gloss black and leave the middles white.

i have an expert guy here in NY that can do your lights anyway for very cheap. He even has them stocked up on his website... ill post the link later.

and id leave the rims black. Then your car will look perfect.

to get an idea of how your body kit would look like just go on ebay find a 01-02 s55 which will have the amg body kit and just use "Paint" to cut and paste your wheels on.
they are not clear they are SMOKED or so they say.....I do not like the clear ones. The big question is how smoked are they????????