S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Replaceable item?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008 | 04:33 PM

S430
Replaceable item?????

Can the LH side arm that holds center console lid closed, be replaced? The LH side wants to open by itself (go down) and RH side stays up, but isn''t strong enough to hold lid closed by itself.

Also, if anyone knows, can the steering wheel buttons & bezel around headlight knob be replaced or should I just repaint them? The paint has come off and you can see the white plastic underneath!!

2000 S430
Attached Thumbnails Replaceable item?????-100_1096.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by Tomard
Can the LH side arm that holds center console lid closed, be replaced? The LH side wants to open by itself (go down) and RH side stays up, but isn''t strong enough to hold lid closed by itself.

Also, if anyone knows, can the steering wheel buttons & bezel around headlight knob be replaced or should I just repaint them? The paint has come off and you can see the white plastic underneath!!

2000 S430
Sorry, I can't help you with the lid arm, but I too want to know where I can get the steering wheel buttons. I also need the glove box button. All of mine at damaged on the surface.
Old 08-12-2008 | 06:50 PM

S430
I wonder if anyone has tried to resurface by priming & painting them ??

For almost $200 to have new buttons, I think it would be worth a try ....
Old 08-13-2008 | 12:29 AM

S500 Designo/Mocha Black
Originally Posted by Tomard

2000 S430
I had the same problem cause I was messing around with the little tab that goes in that "L" shape hole. Once you take the console apart just spring that tab in the hole and your back in business.

RICH
Old 08-13-2008 | 07:50 AM

S430
Thanks Rich, that was exactly what I was thinking, but had a quick look on how to get to it, and I didn't see any entry points ......

What all has to come apart to get in there & how long did it take you?