car keeps on dying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in sig
car keeps on dying

Hey guys, my cars in the shop for this reason

i got my battery replaced 1 month ago becasue it didn't start, several days later after my car sits for 4-5 days without being driven the battery completely dies, happened twice, currently in the shop MB put another new battery in, and are testing it, the 1st time the tested it it came out good, the 2nd time it came up bad the (battery).. I they kept it for about 2 nights and i guess they still dont know what it could be? do you guys have any ideas??

thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 231 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by blk350

i got my battery replaced 1 month ago becasue it didn't start, several days later after my car sits for 4-5 days without being driven the battery completely dies, happened twice, currently in the shop MB put another new battery in, and are testing it, the 1st time the tested it it came out good, the 2nd time it came up bad the (battery).. I they kept it for about 2 nights and i guess they still dont know what it could be? do you guys have any ideas??

thanks
Door control module or seat control module or SAM. CAN is not sleeping because of noisy control module and resulting current draw runs down battery. This is a common issue so your dealer doesn't sound like the best.

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic030538.htm
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in sig
Originally Posted by whoover
Door control module or seat control module or SAM. CAN is not sleeping because of noisy control module and resulting current draw runs down battery. This is a common issue so your dealer doesn't sound like the best.

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic030538.htm
damn your good, will talk to the dealer tomorrow

thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Originally Posted by blk350

thanks
check the alternator. i had the same problem . my alt wasnt putting out enough juice.