Parktronic gone haywire!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Parktronic gone haywire!

Guys, I need help I don't know what the problem is, every time I turn my parktronic only the two red indicators come on and it beeps constantly and that's all I get out of it, the dealer thought it was one of my sensors so I bought a new one and replaced the one they thought it was, and still nothing. Any ideas?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
I had the same problem but with the front only. They replaced all 6 sensors, problem solved.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
We had a client whose sensors went a bit whacky, and he thoroughly cleaned them and it helped for a short time. He eventually replaced all the sensors and problem solved.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:58 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Mine has just started doing this today.

A couple of times in the last few months the rear left one has shown all the yellow and red segments as soon as I put the car in reverse. The first time happened just before I was due to wash the car and after I'd washed it it didn't happen again.

Today my front sensors did the two red segments only thing and bleep then Parktronic would turn itself off, the light on the dash for 'P Off' would light up.

Luckily I'm still CPO for another month so I'll take it down the dealer. Between this and my TPMS acting up I'm not doing too well on the sensors front on my W220!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Had a similar issue on mine when ONE front sensor was faulty. Replaced that one for mine and fixed everything.

Maybe you have MORE than one sensor faulty, but dealer should be able to tell. My dealer did diags and told me exactly which one out of the six front sensors.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Reassuring, Arnee, thanks!

This morning on the way to work I didn't have any problems but I'm taking it to the dealer on Wednesday anyways. Maybe something will show up on the diagnostic. Have a few niggly things bothering me that I want to get sorted before it comes off CPO.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
I just started having this problem too - but it was after my battery was disconnected and the alternator replaced. My car had to be jumped too...is it possible the jump or battery disconnect did something to the parktronic sensors?

It goes red, beeps, and turns off like everyone else here...they reset it for me, and it worked for a few minutes, then went back to red!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:04 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by rondocap
is it possible the jump or battery disconnect did something to the parktronic sensors?
That's a good question. I'll mention it to the service technician when I drop the car off. It hasn't been a night and day thing though. It was only yesterday when the front ones started acting up and it's been three weeks since the battery last went flat. They actually were fine today, not a peek out of them.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
They went back to normal automatically, or did you clean anything?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:48 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by rondocap
They went back to normal automatically, or did you clean anything?
Not this time no. On Sunday the car was turned on and off several times and the problem persisted, yet I get in the car yesterday and everything was fine. Strange...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM

A Mercedes obviously!
Dealer called this morning and said some of the sensors need replacing. They're also taking care of some other little niggles they found. Gotta love CPO
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Fraser
Dealer called this morning and said some of the sensors need replacing. They're also taking care of some other little niggles they found. Gotta love CPO
That's good. If I had CPO, I wouldn't hesitate bringing it to the dealer for any squeak and forget asking the forums.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by Arnee
That's good. If I had CPO, I wouldn't hesitate bringing it to the dealer for any squeak and forget asking the forums.
It has been very nice having the CPO (given I'm useless when it comes to fixing cars) but I try to use the forum to kill any stupid questions early that can be fixed with a simple reset or basic understanding of the car beyond what is in the manual.