Clicking from rear wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
Clicking from rear wheel

I have got one pain in the *** noise coming from the rear wheel on my S500. At first I thought it was a stone stuck in the tread of the tyre but no luck. I then thought I had found the problem i.e the plate behind the disc. I bent it here and there and it seemed to work but after a while the clicking noise came back. The only time it seems to go is when I turn right.

Anyone got any ideas cause I'm stuck. Every time I go to the garage to have it checked and as usual the clicking has gone
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM

S430
Originally Posted by midlife
I have got one pain in the *** noise coming from the rear wheel on my S500. At first I thought it was a stone stuck in the tread of the tyre but no luck. I then thought I had found the problem i.e the plate behind the disc. I bent it here and there and it seemed to work but after a while the clicking noise came back. The only time it seems to go is when I turn right.

Anyone got any ideas cause I'm stuck. Every time I go to the garage to have it checked and as usual the clicking has gone
Could be the plate on the brake pads.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Almost a Member!

W220
Thats a good shout. Where does this plate sit? is it on top of the pads?
On other cars that I've had, the plate has the pins that cross the top of them. As it is rotten weather outside and dark I can't check