S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Sickest offsets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
Sickest offsets?

i need to know the widest wheel this car can run with the lowest offset... and i plan i doing the stretched look.....i would also like to know if i should run 20's or 21's..........all info and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM

s-class
I will be the first not to make fun of you to try something different lol

to be honest the best way is to take out the ruler lol

im try to fit 19x10 front and 19x12 rear ..

try something around 19x9 front and 19x10 back offsets maybe around +30 or even maybe a +12 low disk

ask vip808 he has a VIP styled w220 really clean .. he can give you some info on his wheel set-up

Last edited by MR.J; 07-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 PM

W220
how serious of a stretch are you thinking? this is a good place to start if you want to see how different size tires stretch on different widths. if i was to try going this route, i would get a set of wheels with the width you want but with a sure to fit offset, then play with spacers to get to the desired poke/tuck. it's gonna be nearly impossible to find a set of wheels with the exact offset you'd want since there are too many variables and the look is subjective.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500
PM me your email I'll send pics of a 20X11 with a 285/30/20 stretched and the list of mods.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
ugh
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Oliverk
ugh
why ugh?

oh yeah, and OP: the best way to figure out what you can fit is to bust out the tape measure (or, if you're looking at a car with an established history of running wide, low offset wheels with stretched tires like vw's or lexus, you can see what other people are doing).

some people also have the attitude of "make it fit", so buy a set of 19x11.5, 19x12.5 low teen offset weds kranze, and modify the fenders to suit

Last edited by cheez80; 07-15-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
stretched tires and sick offsets?

Do I need to buy a 221 to avoid all this stupid crap?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW F02 (750Li) F10 (550i)
Benz5656 what is the off set on your wheels ?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM

there's a lot of anti-styling mod sentiment on this forum, huh? well, anyway, can't we all just get along?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM

s-class
Originally Posted by cheez80
why ugh?

oh yeah, and OP: the best way to figure out what you can fit is to bust out the tape measure (or, if you're looking at a car with an established history of running wide, low offset wheels with stretched tires like vw's or lexus, you can see what other people are doing).

some people also have the attitude of "make it fit", so buy a set of 19x11.5, 19x12.5 low teen offset weds kranze, and modify the fenders to suit

mmm... wed kranze ...

yes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by cheez80
there's a lot of anti-styling mod sentiment on this forum, huh? well, anyway, can't we all just get along?
thats cause 95% of the appearance mods people do make the car look worse.

leave the tire stretching (one of the stupidest trends I've ever seen) to the volkswagen boys
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo

You can keep moving to the suburbs all you want but sooner or later the city is going to catch up with you.

Just do you. And let everybody else worry about their own.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 PM

W220

i don't know what the wheel specs are.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 s500 sport package
20!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 PM

SL500
Originally Posted by m4xm1l10n
Benz5656 what is the off set on your wheels ?
Not exactly sure I have to get back to you. But its pretty low, and had to machine the rim and put a small spacer to get it off the caliper.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550

no, just don't read the post, and if you accidentally read it, STOP READING when it becomes offensive and MOVE ON.

why so darn bitter, Oliver?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 AM

SL500
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
no, just don't read the post, and if you accidentally read it, STOP READING when it becomes offensive and MOVE ON.

why so darn bitter, Oliver?
Thats his problem he doesn't know how to move on. He feels the need to put his $.02 on everything its getting old....
Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 AM

Junction Produce 03 S55 AMG
Well here are some pics of my S55 with stretched tires. 20x10.5 +27 with 245/30/20 rear, 20x9.5 +27 with 225/30/20 front. Both are standard disk. Rears are pretty aggressive but the front has room to spare. If you go low disk you could get way more dish. I had to play it safe because of my AMG brakes. If you want to go conservative I would go 20x10.5 +35ish in the rear, fronts are no problem and a 35 series tires for both. Hope this helps.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
thats cause 95% of the appearance mods people do make the car look worse.

leave the tire stretching (one of the stupidest trends I've ever seen) to the volkswagen boys
+1

Why in the world would you want to do this to an S class mercedes

Unless your 18 and hang out at Mcdonalds

Oh well to each his own, but atleast I now know why they are making fun of us over in the off topic forum.
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...our-class.html

See yeah

Last edited by MRAMG1; 07-16-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
That's because some of ya'll desperatel need to find other means to define yourself and end the silly notion that your car makes you sombody because otherwise you;re not. That's the overall tone of that OT post and the tone of your +1.
I think its pretty pathetic.

I'm just a guy who drives a W220. My character is not built around my car or my houses, or anything else material. It comes from within and I am pretty happy with myself.

I do not struggle to fith into some social layer like most of you that make these comments. I do me. Why is is it so hard to do you? because deeo down inside there IS no you to do so you lurk around trying to protet the only thing that you have to help identify yourself. Sickening.

It's obvious that there are a lot of others who passify their internal misery by attempting to elevate themselves with some so-called status symbol.. It's such a joke and those are the folks who really need to get a clue, not the stretch wheel, teenagers.

Find some self esteem within yourself and these things wouldn;s bother you so much. These negative comment sbout how someoe else deals with what THEY own only make you all look even more pathetic.. Please find a life of your own...

My rant is over. and you patheic people can comment on it that all you want but that's what i said and that's it.

It's not the modder's or teenagers that make me regret I have a benz, it's these **** loosers who think their car makes them somebody.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by my06clk
That's because some of ya'll desperatel need to find other means to define yourself and end the silly notion that your car makes you sombody because otherwise you;re not. That's the overall tone of that OT post and the tone of your +1.
I think its pretty pathetic.

I'm just a guy who drives a W220. My character is not built around my car or my houses, or anything else material. It comes from within and I am pretty happy with myself.

I do not struggle to fith into some social layer like most of you that make these comments. I do me. Why is is it so hard to do you? because deeo down inside there IS no you to do so you lurk around trying to protet the only thing that you have to help identify yourself. Sickening.

It's obvious that there are a lot of others who passify their internal misery by attempting to elevate themselves with some so-called status symbol.. It's such a joke and those are the folks who really need to get a clue, not the stretch wheel, teenagers.

Find some self esteem within yourself and these things wouldn;s bother you so much. These negative comment sbout how someoe else deals with what THEY own only make you all look even more pathetic.. Please find a life of your own...

My rant is over. and you patheic people can comment on it that all you want but that's what i said and that's it.

It's not the modder's or teenagers that make me regret I have a benz, it's these **** loosers who think their car makes them somebody.

Wow, lots of judgments in there. Not to mention, you go and say all that, and then in your last sentence discuss how you regret your benz because of other people. Pretty hypocritical.

My benz is not a status symbol. Its a 4 year old car that can be purchased for less than $30k. Even teenagers at McDonalds can afford that with a loan.

The reason I hate this stuff is because it looks like trash. Wagon wheels, lowered until it scrapes the rocker panels, stupid roof spoilers, body kits with vents everywhere, etc. THIS **** IS UGLY. Yes, ugly is subjective, and I only offer my opinion. And my opinion is that it looks like ****.

There are many things I will never understand about some of the people on this forum. They are as follows:

1. Why some people think 300bhp cars that weigh 4400lbs are fast. They aren't. The S500 is not a fast car in any way shape or form. Why do some of you think they are fast?

2. Why the hell do people put all this ricey crap and loud exhausts on a luxury sedan. It makes no sense. Why not actually purchase a sports car instead of trying to make one out of a boat. Could it be that THESE are the people using as a status symbol to try to pick up girls or whatever?

3. Street racing in an S-Class???? come on now.

4. Why does it seem that everyone under 25 with their 2000 $15k S500 feels it necessary to drive like a total *****. New tires 3 times a year, new tires every 10k miles, redlining this, racing that, doing 125 at every opportunity.

This is the type of **** people do to civics and altimas. What attracts these people to an S-class I'll never know. Why destroy perfectly good cars with useless bull**** and 28" wheels.

Not to mention these are the same people that will talk about racing or putting $4000 wheels on their car, and then ***** that they can't afford to fix the airmatic system. Its ghetto rich!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 AM

SL500
Wow, lots of judgments in there. Not to mention, you go and say all that, and then in your last sentence discuss how you regret your benz because of other people. Pretty hypocritical.

My benz is not a status symbol. Its a 4 year old car that can be purchased for less than $30k. Even teenagers at McDonalds can afford that with a loan.

The reason I hate this stuff is because it looks like trash. Wagon wheels, lowered until it scrapes the rocker panels, stupid roof spoilers, body kits with vents everywhere, etc. THIS **** IS UGLY. Yes, ugly is subjective, and I only offer my opinion. And my opinion is that it looks like ****.

There are many things I will never understand about some of the people on this forum. They are as follows:

1. Why some people think 300bhp cars that weigh 4400lbs are fast. They aren't. The S500 is not a fast car in any way shape or form. Why do some of you think they are fast?

2. Why the hell do people put all this ricey crap and loud exhausts on a luxury sedan. It makes no sense. Why not actually purchase a sports car instead of trying to make one out of a boat. Could it be that THESE are the people using as a status symbol to try to pick up girls or whatever?

4. Why does it seem that everyone under 25 with their 2000 $15k S500 feels it necessary to drive like a total *****. New tires 3 times a year, new tires every 10k miles, redlining this, racing that, doing 125 at every opportunity.

This is the type of **** people do to civics and altimas. What attracts these people to an S-class I'll never know. Why destroy perfectly good cars with useless bull**** and 28" wheels.

Not to mention these are the same people that will talk about racing or putting $4000 wheels on their car, and then ***** that they can't afford to fix the airmatic system. Its ghetto rich!
Benz5656 Oliverk

Lets try to expand our vocab and use other words besides ghetto, and hood rich, etc. Your comments seem to have a slant on them. Plus who really gives a f*ck, most of us are tired of hearing you complain and b*tch. When you buy someone else an s-class then you can complain. Otherwise stop acting like a B*tch....his wheels are too big.....he drives to fast....his car is too low.....o he is in his 20s.....he is ghetto, must be a Black guy. Most people here have enough common sense to know whats tasteful and whats over the top, so here is a thought read another thread.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Id like to read another thread, but it seems that just about every thread is about 22" rims, lowering, or some other stupid crap.

And although you seem to like the association with ghetto and black people, I make no such association. Ghetto refers to the method of modifying the vehicle, not the skin color of the driver.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550

why are you so bitter?

I drive a bone-stock 5 year old S55. I bought it because it fell in my lap shortly after a coworker bought a bone-stock E55 that pinned me in the seat. I like the power, size, and the clean lines. I was shopping for an A8 (used!) because I like the very understated look wrapped around an excellent large sedan.

I dislike most body kits ("gills", anyone?) on the S-Class, but it doesn't **** me off like it does you.
I dislike "slammed" cars in general, and on an S-Class it's ridiculous, but it doesn't **** me off like it does you.
I dislike gigantic diameter wheels in general, but it doesn't **** me off like it does you.

I dislike most of the modding I see on the MBs, but THAT'S OK! Just because I don't like it doesn't make it bad, it means *I* think it looks bad.

We all want to know why you get so pissed off? Why can't you just let it go?

by the way, what is "stretching" tires? I have no f-ing idea

Last edited by i_am_amused; 07-16-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM

2004 S 430 4Matic
As a new user of this forum, I am stunned by the number of threads that center around criticizing other peoples vehicles. It seems like those threads get the most traffic. I was under the impression that forums were by design, set up to help each other with information, share ideas etc...

I made my first post yesterday (see 19" OEM Wheels for S430) and this morning had 44 lookers and only one comment, meanwhile there is a ton of energy spent on this running gun battle over personal taste. I joined the MBCA and love Mercedes because of the cars and the people that they attract.

So far I am underwhelmed with my experience here. Please advise...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sickest offsets?