Command unit question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 s500
Command unit question

hello fellow benz owners
i have a 2006 s500 with the stock command im trying to get it set up so i can get it to play video but man let me tell you it has been an unbelievably
difficult state of affairs the only place i can find is mbdoctor.com that sells a unit for $800 that will supposedly solve all my problems i have a local custom shop that does awesome work on car a/v and normally he could sort this out but i live in a small town in michigan and there r very few s500s around and this is new even for him he hasnt found any of his normal suppliers that can help so i told him no worries id find the equipment and he can do the install he had my last couple cars set up perfectly to play in dash dvds ipod a/v etc and now im missing this feature sooo bad and i refuse to replace the factory command unit and i cant live without this feature anymore so i e-mailed mbdoctor.com and have yet to hear back can anyone reccomend somewhere to buy this conversion equipment with a good rep and decent service if there is a problem with the unit they end up selling me im having no luck on my own after 2 mnths of searching the web and it doesnt help i dont really understand a thing about the process of making this work in the first place any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated
thanx in advance
dave
Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by cbailey758
hello fellow benz owners
i have a 2006 s500 with the stock command im trying to get it set up so i can get it to play video but man let me tell you it has been an unbelievably
difficult state of affairs the only place i can find is mbdoctor.com that sells a unit for $800 that will supposedly solve all my problems i have a local custom shop that does awesome work on car a/v and normally he could sort this out but i live in a small town in michigan and there r very few s500s around and this is new even for him he hasnt found any of his normal suppliers that can help so i told him no worries id find the equipment and he can do the install he had my last couple cars set up perfectly to play in dash dvds ipod a/v etc and now im missing this feature sooo bad and i refuse to replace the factory command unit and i cant live without this feature anymore so i e-mailed mbdoctor.com and have yet to hear back can anyone reccomend somewhere to buy this conversion equipment with a good rep and decent service if there is a problem with the unit they end up selling me im having no luck on my own after 2 mnths of searching the web and it doesnt help i dont really understand a thing about the process of making this work in the first place any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated
thanx in advance
dave
Your sentences run together....LoL

Anyway there is no adaptation for the 2004-2006 S class US version to make it play video as ther is no chipset present on th unit itself. No external device is going to allow that to happen. Don't waste your time. We have had our cars a long time and have spent a lot of energy on this subject and there is just nothing that can be done to make it work unless you go with a European unit.

If you want to try someone's device, be my guess just make sure you make return arrangements beforehand, and chime back in to let us know if you were succesful or not.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 s500
European unit

Well finally the truth from someone so I can buy a european unit and have
iPod vvideo and back up camera ? If so can u reccomend a place to buy one that's reputable? And how much can I expect to pay? Also what could I expect
To get for my USA version on the open market
Thanx so much
Dave