S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

New Key From Dealer,But Keyless Go Don't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S 500
Post New Key From Dealer,But Keyless Go Don't work

Before I go back to the dealer , I am going to ask here, because I know some one will know the answer.

I had A new key made for my car by the dealer with my vin # tru the dealer a bought it from.

Well I got the key Friday and it works ,I can lock and unlock the doors with the buttons , when I hit unlock two times the windows and sun roof will open and on lock the second time I press lock the windows and sun roof will close.

But my Keyless Go Don't work when I try it , Question Is What Is The trick or setting to get KEYLESS GO to work On my 05 S500 W220

Thank you for any help in this matter
Harley03joe
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S 500
Thumbs up Ok I Got The Answer:

Originally Posted by Harley03joe
Before I go back to the dealer , I am going to ask here, because I know some one will know the answer.

I had A new key made for my car by the dealer with my vin # tru the dealer a bought it from.

Well I got the key Friday and it works ,I can lock and unlock the doors with the buttons , when I hit unlock two times the windows and sun roof will open and on lock the second time I press lock the windows and sun roof will close.

But my Keyless Go Don't work when I try it , Question Is What Is The trick or setting to get KEYLESS GO to work On my 05 S500 W220

Thank you for any help in this matter
Harley03joe
Ok I Got The Answer:

On the 04 and up cars they use the keys. "The Other Member" is referring to the cards that 00-03 used.
You can only have 2 keyless go keys active, for the keyless go function, at a time for the 04 and up cars. You can have up to 8 keys to turn in the ignition but only 2 of those keys can work keyless go, even if all are keyless go keys. You need to go to the dealer and the computer needs to be hooked up to the car to tell it to look for the new key track. It is looking for the 2 key tracks, the old keyless go key you have and the broken/missing one. You need to bring both of the keys you have and they need to determine the key tracks of those keys and tell the keyless go system to look for either of those keys so they will both work. Hopefully that is a clear explanation.

Got It From "benztec8586" on the BenzWorld.org

Last edited by Harley03joe; 09-06-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: words