S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Driver door assist vacuum question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S430 2001, Lotus Esprit, Porsche Boxster, Chrysler Aspen, Ducati 848, MV Agusta F41000, CBR 600
Driver door assist vacuum question

Okay guys, I need some help. The driver door assist vacuum pump blew out. The part cost a lot of $$$$. I just changed the PSP pump and the vac pump on the drivers side blew.
Does anyone know where I can get the part besides the stealer ship? I also read in another thread that I should fix it before it causes more problems to the PSP pump and another thread say leave it alone and just slam the door.
I saw this item on ebay the pump repair kit, has anyone tried using it? it's from Malaysia, not too sure about it. Advice please!
Attached Thumbnails Driver door assist vacuum question-picture-1.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S350 2005
I had the same problem, but i was advised to change the door lock ... which i did :-( cost me around $325 ... paid about $50 for labor ... any decent garage can do it ... you don't need to go to the dealer ... but be careful, they may accidentally disconnect or loosen the connection of your door SRS Airbag (this happened to me so i had to go back to the shop and get it fitted properly again ... )

it's been (thankfully) working fine since ...

PS - I live in Dubai ...