S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Presafe unavailable and navigation question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s350
Presafe unavailable and navigation question?

Hi All,
I am having following problems with my S-350 2006.
1- Pre safe unavailable message coming on first infrequently now all the time, sometimes car seems to get stuck in same gear when this comes on. Message says to see owners manual, but nothing in owners manual about what to do about it.
2- I had a newed version of navigation dvd, so I used nav service dvd to upgrade software so i can use newer version. Upgrade did not finish and i accidently removed the service dvd and placed new nav dvd, now navigaiton is very sketchy, sometimes it works sometimes it says wrond version or no navigation available, i have tried putting service dvd back in to let it run completely but actually it does not run fully, finished in less than a minute and then same problems.
Any ideas about above problems.
Thanks all for the help.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:20 PM

s350
no suggestions? any ideas?
Thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by miciq
no suggestions? any ideas?
Thanks
I have had about 4 presafe related issues in the past year and a half and for the life of me I nor the dealer can figure it out. Very random, car ill stay in some gear, then I reset the key and get a presafe error. Hmmm... No supposed t be related to the tranny, but I have been trying to get it to stay broke when it does this but it won't.

IF you car is still under warranty, scream and park it there till they figure it out...LOL it's going to be tough since it's so randon.. I'm never around the dealer when mine acts up and as soon as I shut it off, the problem is gone.

Presafe was only availble from 2004 -2006 so you won't get many responses and it usually does nothing till you get in a bad.

Good luck.. and I'm curious.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 AM

s350
thanks for the reply, i have the same issue as whe this pre dafe thingy comes on, cars gets stuck in same gear, mine is not that random, it is not on when i start the car but pretty much everytime after driving it for 4-5 minutes it comes on, so i am hoping they will be able to figure it out, check engine light is on so maybe that will give a clue as well. it is not under factory warranty anymore so will see what will be the damage.
So you have been driving car with this, how do you do that as when this happens and you are on highway car won't drive more than like 50 as it is stuck in same gear.
Will update, i am taking it to dealer on monday.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by miciq
thanks for the reply, i have the same issue as whe this pre dafe thingy comes on, cars gets stuck in same gear, mine is not that random, it is not on when i start the car but pretty much everytime after driving it for 4-5 minutes it comes on, so i am hoping they will be able to figure it out, check engine light is on so maybe that will give a clue as well. it is not under factory warranty anymore so will see what will be the damage.
So you have been driving car with this, how do you do that as when this happens and you are on highway car won't drive more than like 50 as it is stuck in same gear.
Will update, i am taking it to dealer on monday.
Yes please update me. I have been curious about this for a while although I haven't seen it creep up in a few months..

Yes I have been driving like this without any hangups. It usually happens when I am 5 or 6 and I can tell because t won't upshift or downshift, and the autostick becomes unresponsive.. Only once I stopped at a stop sign and it went into first and stayed there.. That was ugly..LOL but it was the first time and I hadn't figured out how to clear it at that time.Luckily I was 3 miles from my house so i used the safety lane and just cruised through the neighbord at about 10mph.. Anyhow normally when I detect this going on, I just stop the car, or if I am on the freeway, wait till I need to stop for gas or something and shut the car off. When I restart it which can be right away, the problem is gone and I get the white presafe message. This happens sooo randomly, it's not really been that huge of a deal for me just annoying and something I'd like to get out of my head. This is mid Sept and the last time my car did this was in July.

Be sure and keep me posted.. I'd like to share what your dealer found with my guy here when I take it If I take it I'm sure I'll have too..LOL.